GT-R @ Middlehurst - not for 56k modem

M13KYF

Jap version only so you can't order this combination of colour, gunmetal wheels and the black and red interior.

Mike: after all the hype about Nissan taking humbridge over imports it seems strange one of the nominated garages has one to show off - a year or so in advance of the official sales here? :wacko::headhurt:

The red one is going to end up as a race car doing the le mans 24hr or another race series. Undecided as yet by Middlehurst but they won't be selling it to the public. They were even offered 100k for it. :scare:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely car , but I just couldnt part with £55k knowing everywhere else in the World they are being sold for £30k.... :dry:

Aye but I suppose a good chunk of that is down to good ol' Gordon Brown (Mr Darling now I guess).

Still no excuse for taking the **** on options/configurations in my opinion.

Im starting to not like how Nissan are dictating exactly what they feel their car should be sold as. Like you all say, people like options and without that, people will be told what to have. Its like buying a standard car and not being allowed to modify it in any way at all. If i am buying a £55k car, i would want it to be customised to my liking and not have it the same as everyone else out there who has bought one.

This is why i wasnt too keen on the idea from the start. It seems that Nissan feel that they know what "everyone" wants from the car, when they are actually far from the truth.

I am also confused as to why they do not want people modifying them beyond specification, Im sure i read this somewhere. They have Nismo, so why not make add on parts that can be added options to make it "more" sporty and customised???

come on guys, you know as soon as you drive one you'll want one.

my friends just bought a new m3 and we are going up to middlehurst at the weekend, he is already thinking about it!!

Yes the interior isn't that great and you cant have the colour combo you want....but 0-60mph in 3.3 secs and faster than a veyron around the ring!!!!!! im sold!!

:teeth:

come on guys, you know as soon as you drive one you'll want one.

my friends just bought a new m3 and we are going up to middlehurst at the weekend, he is already thinking about it!!

Yes the interior isn't that great and you cant have the colour combo you want....but 0-60mph in 3.3 secs and faster than a veyron around the ring!!!!!! im sold!!

:teeth:

Some people want more than a quick car, they want it to look right too especially when they are parting with £55k+ :thumbs:

Thats very true.

There is a good chance that if the spec I was set on was available I may have parted with a deposit by now.

As it is, Im being told that even though they have a black/red leather option, I cant have that in a red car, and I cant have the smoked wheels on a red car either, now Im thinking about White, with the black and red leather and the smoked wheels, with some nice nismo stripes I think.

But wait a minute, I cant have the smoked wheels or the red leather bits on a white car either.

Yet in the US and Japan they can!?! And they are being screwed together on the same frigging build line.

Smoked wheels as standard in the US and silver an extra cost, yet here silver is standard and smoked is extra cost.

Sounds very much to me that there wil be some wheels flying back and forth across the atlantic, generating god knows how much revenue for transport companies and or ebay. Not to mention the "environmental" cost of owners having to do this to get what they want, Im sure there is somebody at Nissan that would be in the firing line if someone were to point this out to an interested media body once these wheels started flying around.

Exactly what will that do for the GTR image if within weeks bits start swapping hands on ebay just so people can have what they wanted in the first place. :wacko:

To put it simply, red or white car with red leather bits and smoked wheels and Im undecide which one to ask for when placing a deposit. None of those options and Im undecided whether to place a deposit at all.

With the £1300 or so saved from the Black edition, you could always get a retrim done on the necessary leather bits on the interior and probably have the wheels smoked too, but why should you have to do that when coughing up a price tag like that?

Thats very true.

There is a good chance that if the spec I was set on was available I may have parted with a deposit by now.

As it is, Im being told that even though they have a black/red leather option, I cant have that in a red car, and I cant have the smoked wheels on a red car either, now Im thinking about White, with the black and red leather and the smoked wheels, with some nice nismo stripes I think.

But wait a minute, I cant have the smoked wheels or the red leather bits on a white car either.

Yet in the US and Japan they can!?! And they are being screwed together on the same frigging build line.

Smoked wheels as standard in the US and silver an extra cost, yet here silver is standard and smoked is extra cost.

Sounds very much to me that there wil be some wheels flying back and forth across the atlantic, generating god knows how much revenue for transport companies and or ebay. Not to mention the "environmental" cost of owners having to do this to get what they want, Im sure there is somebody at Nissan that would be in the firing line if someone were to point this out to an interested media body once these wheels started flying around.

Exactly what will that do for the GTR image if within weeks bits start swapping hands on ebay just so people can have what they wanted in the first place. :wacko:

To put it simply, red or white car with red leather bits and smoked wheels and Im undecide which one to ask for when placing a deposit. None of those options and Im undecided whether to place a deposit at all.

With the £1300 or so saved from the Black edition, you could always get a retrim done on the necessary leather bits on the interior and probably have the wheels smoked too, but why should you have to do that when coughing up a price tag like that?

I'm not paying £54k for a brand spanking new car to have to then get it retrimmed and swapping wheels.

By January 09 there will be plenty of JDM cars available for under £50k in the spec I want. Who cares if the sat nav doesn't work when I'd have to wait till sept 09 for a uk car with sat nav. By then there will be the usual delimiter options too.

I 100% would not buy a car of that value and then have a tacky portable sat nav stuck to the windscreen. :dry:

Middlehursts are talking about a custom version which would utilise the sunglasses holder on the roof, be cheaper than the £1900 Nissan option, possibly be a better system, and also leave the main screen free for any other data you wanted to see.

One flip down screen on the roof and another on the dash sounds very james bond to me :)

I'm fascinated by how much wrong information has been put about - much of which seems to orgininate from over enthusiastic sales people at certain delaerships.

Its also worth bearing in mind the current specs. may not be the final ones as the build programme for the UK doesn't start until December '08. My personal opionion is there may be option variations as the year progresses.

Having said all that, I went to Geneva with a list of questions.... but when I saw the black one in the lounge, I forgot the list ...

And later, when I heard one start, I had to lean against a wall because my legs went!

The questions are drifting back now (heated seats?) but whatever the answers I'm going to find the money and have one. Its just phenomenal.....

JohnK

Having said all that, I went to Geneva with a list of questions.... but when I saw the black one in the lounge, I forgot the list ...

And later, when I heard one start, I had to lean against a wall because my legs went!

The questions are drifting back now (heated seats?) but whatever the answers I'm going to find the money and have one. Its just phenomenal.....

JohnK

:lol:

The black one was stunning, Definatley the colour I'd go for :)

Did they start the black one up for you?

No. It was not one from the show but a different visit which I promised not to publicise. sorry.

No probs. Its just that when I was in looking at the black one, somebody asked them to start it for them and was told no.

We heard the red one starting up :thumbs:

Dont know if Middlehursts would like the details of exactly where the car is inside the dealership, but its not sat in the middle of the showroom.

They are a friendly place and will not mind letting you have a look round Im sure. They know a fair bit about the car, but admit that they know about as much as the rest of us regarding the final UK choices and specs. They read all the same info and will also tell you that a lot of what has been posted around the net is complete rubbish.

Once they are back from Geneva, Im sure there will be some answers to the detailed questions.

Though if the spec is changeable until later in the year, surely deposits cant be made non refundable until that happens?

I was only guessing and had assumed the non-refundable deposit gets you the car as specified at order time - unless an alternate option appeals and you change the spec. a reasonable time before the build programme starts. Seems logical but I could be wrong.....

Sure that wasn't the transmission whine? B)
You are probably right on that, i doubt you will hear much from the turbos on start up.

I think it sounds nice, however you can never tell from a video as sounds is never captured properly.

You are probably right on that, i doubt you will hear much from the turbos on start up.

I think it sounds nice, however you can never tell from a video as sounds is never captured properly.

I think the car was standing still at the time when WoREoD noted this ;)

I think the car was standing still at the time when WoREoD noted this ;)

Standing or sitting? :wheelchair:;)

Sorry John ;)

Dont know about under load - but maybe that isn't a bad thing.

On starting it sounded to me like 2 x a Z !! Sounds much bigger than a 6 - clever tuning! Turbos have a slight whine too...

Well, for me it is a bad thing coming from a decatted Tubi'd V10 :blush:

Drove past Middlehurst today but got there 2 late thus closed!!!

Whereabouts is the beast hiding Chris/ Mike???

Liam

secret showroom. It's by the reception desk with white shutters down. They are slotted so you can just see the beast behind. You'll miss it at first