Surely the worst tint (pics)

scotzman

It doesn't look the best. Its a pain tinting the edge where the raised dots are, but usually applying heat can shrink the film to get rid of that bit. It looks like the film on the top left was creased when fitted. They may argue you have pitting on the window itself on the bottom right that they can do nothing about. Window tint is evil evil stuff to deal with though.

It will do that for a week or two , its very common it needs to dry out properly , they should have told you this

If its still like it after a couple of weeks go back , do NOT mess with it in the meantime

It doesn't look the best. Its a pain tinting the edge where the raised dots are, but usually applying heat can shrink the film to get rid of that bit. It looks like the film on the top left was creased when fitted. They may argue you have pitting on the window itself on the bottom right that they can do nothing about. Window tint is evil evil stuff to deal with though.

Its a new hood so the window is new, the glass has not been cleaned properly prior to tinting by the looks of it, no heat gun was used in or out the car for the shrinking etc.

It will do that for a week or two , its very common it needs to dry out properly , they should have told you this

If its still like it after a couple of weeks go back , do NOT mess with it in the meantime

Had my evo done previously with more of a bow to the rear window by the same guy and was perfect.

No heat is used for window tint, it's not vinyl or anything like it in application. Heat CAN be used to get a little shrinkage, but shouldn't be necessary.

As for not touching it, you COULD do some very careful squeegeying of your own, but as soon as you touch it you waive any right to complain about the result, now or in the future...

I'd go with what Rich said for the time being, better to be able to make it someone else's problem.

Edited by Aashenfox

Id say Rich has hit the nail on the head and summed this up perfectly. Mine looked awful for the first couple of days but looks apot on now. Had all the little bubbles and lines like yourself. Id leave it to settle and dry out a tad first.

Also, not sure if the roadsters have them but do not use your rear demister for the first couple weeks!

having trained at foliatec college in germany and having my own tint shop for a few years untill i got pushed outta buisness by the cheap mobile crap tinters that were springing up it needs addressing . i cant see it propperly in the photos only the finger thats popped on the right . that needs a bit of heat and carding down . even a window that looks flat can still have a concave and need plenty of heat . if i was you id take it back to the tint shop and get them to sort it . i wouldnt have let a job go out of my shop like that. tint takes a few days to dry and as said its a good idea to put the rear heater on for a while . but that wont fix the fingers that have popped up or that its not laying flat on the matrix around the glass . im sure the tinter will sort it for you

Edited by slydog

Thank you sly, and everyone else, phoned the tinter this morning and he said bring it back in and he will sort it...car is in for a respray this afternoon and tinter will fix it after that.

its a good idea to put the rear heater on for a while

Just to clarift, you can / should use the rear heater / demister?

lol yea what this man said lol ive never been any good at explaining stuff thanks lol
  • Like 1

Thats a good point, but the problem also he didnt clean the glass properly and looks like there is a little what i would call dirty water between tint that has dried so showing a cloud so to speak... hes gonna sort it ( hopefully) after the respray..

Thats a good point, but the problem also he didnt clean the glass properly and looks like there is a little what i would call dirty water between tint that has dried so showing a cloud so to speak... hes gonna sort it ( hopefully) after the respray..

the clouding you can see is water under the film and thats normal . i used to have little stickers that said ( this @*!# will dry ). lol im sure he will sort it for you

the clouding you can see is water under the film and thats normal . i used to have little stickers that said ( this @*!# will dry ). lol im sure he will sort it for you

Thanks sly...hopefully

Any marks bubbling etc should settle within 1 day if it does not its not done right and the dot edges should be done also without issue. Ps. You didn't get it tinted very much did you? lol

Any marks bubbling etc should settle within 1 day if it does not its not done right and the dot edges should be done also without issue. Ps. You didn't get it tinted very much did you? lol

Hi AMT..... tint still not settled, (ever seen a sorta large person trying to squeeze between back firewall and seats in a convertible :) ) went for 35 front drops and 50 rear windows... should have went darker but went with his recommendation :blush: probably get it done again and go darker when it comes out sprayers..

Edited by scotzman
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...