Nissan Almera NISMO

HEADPHONES

That was a nice GT yeah. I had a couple of those but this was my main one.

Original guise:

Cpudl3P.jpg

Then went for the turbo build:

c6v9YDl.jpg

brABoHG.jpg

4kDzmRa.jpg

s6Efbr6.jpg

Ah the memories. For all the stick they get in Jap world for being taxis and what not, the GT and eGT are fantastic cars.

• Like 1

Dan you massive snob! Lol.

The Primera GT was one of the best handling fwd cars ever at the time. I can't remember the exact figures but it pulled more G's than the Integra Type R in that handling test thingy (it's official name)

I browsed eBay today and they're fetching 3.5k!

Lol I remember watching Fast and Furious with a few mates where Johnny Tran says "Couple of neesahn SR20 motors probably pull a premium 1 week before Race Wars?"

I was like "I got one. I got an SR20!!"

Was a great engine. High revving. 7600rpm and no VVC.

The B18C4 that I had afterwards wasn't as impressive. But the sound of VTEC (kicking in yo) was great.

I took the panel filter out of the air box and it was really throaty then. If I'd kept it and had the money I have now, that B18 would be in an EG with ITB'S and EK Type R cams. I love the sound of a VTEC on the induction side, but in my opinion a loud raspy high pitched exhaust ruins it.

On the Primera I had a custom manifold back stainless system with a 4" slash cut. Had a lovely deep burble. Was only £300 from T&G silencers in Rochdale.

And the Primera had so much room and was so comfortable.

At the moment I have a Focus ST170 and I must say, that engine is as good as if not better than the SR20 and B18 that I had.

It's the cars only saving grace really, as everything else is failing and whoever had it before me has slammed it on cheap lowering springs so the way it drives on our bumpy roads is hideous. I won't have it much longer. Maybe a month. Then I have my Z back on the road.

The Focus could be a side project for track days. People have gotten their mk1 focus down to 1000kg and making 210-220bhp. That would be a lot of fun!

Or....perhaps a few of us former Primera Owners and enthusiasts could buy a GT or Almera and modify it to death. SR20VE for sale on EBay right now. Comes with everything.

Hmmmmmn. SR20VE-T K11??

We had a Primera GT , you could just spank it everywhere 6023.jpg

Only kept it a couple of years by the time it was 2 years old it has started to fall apart , surprised they are still about really

My mum had a Sri Almera , white , cracking car if a bit hearse looking

Edited by Richf

We had a Primera GT , you could just spank it everywhere 6023.jpg

Only kept it a couple of years by the time it was 2 years old it has started to fall apart , surprised they are still about really

My mum had a Sri Almera , white , cracking car if a bit hearse looking

Odd. They were built really well. Mine was an R-reg and I had it in 2009 so it was 12 years old!

My first car was Y482 PBU. A pearl black Clio Sport. Now THAT fell apart after the warranty ran out. 13k down the shizzler.

I could never get excited by something that looked like that. Aside from the Corolla, is there a duller '90s car?

My god, even the MG-ZS did it better!

Daniel. I liked you better when you were off your box on morphine lol.

Bet you've forgotten all about Killimanjaro!

Yeah not inspiring to look at for sure but fun to drive

Amazingly just looked up my old one T101 FWL and its still on the road , although its covered just over 20,000 in the last 10 years so not used much

I'm sure the US guys are into doing VQ35DE swaps.

Modding is so cheap there.

The amount of teenagers you see on yewtewbe with their tuhjayzeee with 2500 wheel horse power and he works at Taco Bell.

Part time.

Here.....the greed mongers try and make sure anyone who can't afford to be cheauffred has no business owning a motor vehicle they have to drive themselves!