Jet washing engine bay?

Jk-boi

So I've got some autofinesse verso which was suggested by a friend who said it worked pretty well cleaning his engine bay, he diluted it down 2:1 then got in there with a brush, and too finish clean it off with his jet washer.

Even the auto finesse how to guide shows a jetwash

I know modern engines are covered in plastic covers and wired connectors all sealed but surely blasting any water be it garden hose or jet wash will get into places you don't want water sitting?

Anyone done this?????

I may just go with what I've searched on here and just remove everything with microfibres as I'm too scared to blast water into my bay lol

• Like 1

I have done it and would have spent a small fortune on carrier bags had I not stock piled them. I probably covered more than I needed to but better to be safe. I didn't have any issues afterwards apart from getting the bags back out after I had worked them into some really tight areas.

Go drive in the rain for half an hour and open the bonnet, generally find plenty of water on engine bay parts - I have seen lots of videos of people lightly jetwashing engine bays, not done it myself though

I just did the BRZ, didn't pressure wash though, just sprayed degreaser, agitated with a brush, then used the spray setting on the hose gun to rinse. I didn't bag anything off, just used my eyes and stayed well clear of the alternator, ECU, battery, fuse box. You don't need much to rinse away dirt if you've agitated first, certainly not lbs of pressure.

• Like 1

I have never been brave enough to jet wash an engine bay. I think it mainly stems from my classic mini days when any little bit of water would cause the car not to start. I used to dread rainy days. In fact a popular mod back in the day was to cut the ends of the fingers of a marigold glove and then stick it over the distributor, feeding each lead through a "finger" in an effort to stop any water getting to it.

I usually just use some engine degreaser on hard dirt, then wash it off with petrol.