Do those sky sender things work?

nixy

any particular model you'd recommend? Not sure if I'll need a second remote control - don't particularly want him switching it over!

He would have to go into the room where the sky box is to change channel IIRC :blush: Could be wrong though, i'll go check............

With "normal" sky the wireless one was fine, upgraded to sky plus (free, was still in janice's old name, she stopped subscribing, resubscribed in her new name, sky didnt care!) the wireless box, then started locking up the sky plus box, looks like im gonna need to start plumbing coax upstairs :dry:

Dave

As you said nixy, you can buy wireless video senders that plug into a scart or video out on any av equipment that send the picture and audio using a 2.4GHz signal. They work OK but if you have an old house with solid walls range can be a problem. They also double as a remote extender so you could change channel if you had a second sky remote but no need to use this if you dont want him to change channel remotely.

The magic eye uses the coax cable to send the IR channel change message back down to the sky box but you need to run the wires through your house as you said.

I've bought a cheapish one to give it a try. We've got multi room so I can try it off the sky plus box and the traditional sky box if I have a problem. I'll let you know how i get on.

I used a digisender in my last house but I got fed up with the poor picture quality. We used to get interference from neighbours using a similar system (the most fun was tuning in to their digisend channel and seeing what they were watching :scare: ). It used to send the IR back wirelessly, that bit worked fine.

In the end I contracted for the Multiroom package and binned the digisender as it just p1ss3d me off..

Best to fit either a loftbox (really good bit of kit but best if your are refurbing a house) or go for the multiroom package. PM me if your interested in either the phillips sender or you want me to talk you through a loftbox install.

Meens you dont have to buy multiple sky subscriptions unless you really want to watch different things in different rooms

Orrrr

I just read this while looking for a something similar. In my apartment I cant get sky. Bloody developer is a muppet. So I have a sat dish in my living room as I cant put it on the wall outside. This means tv in the living room only. For now that is.

Originally Posted by **sirus the virus**

Get yourself a bunch of dreamboxs and setup a home network....one card (Sky card) in your sever and then as many clients as you want in your home just network them together.....

I AM NOT SURE ABOUT DREAMBOX...but truman 150 ulta x or truman 160 x or clones like neosat 1600 and amstar 1500 supports seca/videoguard....it can support upto 8 clients..no wiring is required just works with wireless transeivers which can work upto 100 meters. i have fixed one system with 4 receivers and so far so good it works.

Orrrr

I just read this while looking for a something similar. In my apartment I cant get sky. Bloody developer is a muppet. So I have a sat dish in my living room as I cant put it on the wall outside. This means tv in the living room only. For now that is.

Originally Posted by **sirus the virus**

Get yourself a bunch of dreamboxs and setup a home network....one card (Sky card) in your sever and then as many clients as you want in your home just network them together.....

I AM NOT SURE ABOUT DREAMBOX...but truman 150 ulta x or truman 160 x or clones like neosat 1600 and amstar 1500 supports seca/videoguard....it can support upto 8 clients..no wiring is required just works with wireless transeivers which can work upto 100 meters. i have fixed one system with 4 receivers and so far so good it works.

Not sure if its different in Ireland or if your an owner of the development but if all are in agreement then you can force the developer into changing the rule and get a communal dish, if you in flats, one dish will be able to support the flats.. Just needs a distribution point..

Alternative is using one of the smaller sat dishs they use on caravans, they just need a decent line of sight to the sat...

Off to look into the Dreambox as I am currently streaming sky through my PC network and it can be a bit dodge...