Wanli tyres

davey_83

Makes sense, if you think about it. Probably chopped in against something else, tyres were low so needed changing, might as well put the cheapest things on to maintain profit margin on the basis the buyer is very likely not to be an enthusiast, as enthusiasts don't buy the 2.7L version.

Depends what was on there before too, might've been used Linglongs on the back and 040s on the front!

Ironically all they've done is given me a huge thing to barter over when buying it. Not that I'd buy that, but you know what I mean.

Same here - when I bought the Celica from a car enthusiast it had really poor budgets on, but given he did on average 200 miles a year in it (he owned 10+ other cars) he didnt see the point in slinging £1k worth of rubber on it. Having owned the car for nearly 2 years now I can say that to date (touch wood!) the car has been pretty much faultless and clearly very well looked after prior to my ownership.

But Wanli, jeeze, they must have had a death wish.

Your right, everyday i read in the news how someone has died from the use of such tyres....

I am certainly not going to big Wanlis up, but really, suggesting people are going to die from such tyres is a bit of hysteria :surrender:

while i wouldn't put wanli tyres on my own road car, the Porsche is only pushing 228bhp, i'm sure it can handle some wanlis for a while.

and i'd probably have 4 matching wanlis, than a mismatch of other tyres, some good and some bad. at least the handling will be consistent!