Any suspension masters here??

Rob350

Hi guys, im kind of new to owning a z, im learning things about my own car every week lol, here's what I know....

I recently noticed I have some eibech lowering springs on, im guessing they are the 30mm drop ones, I also have 20 25 spacers with stock rays, I can get my fingers up to my knuckles between the tyre and the wheel well. To give an idea of how low i am.

What I want to know lol ....

I'm about to change all 4 tyres and was going to get a four wheel alignment done at the same time, as I think I can see some camber on my rears.

The question is... do i need some adjustable camber arms front or rear??

I was routing through videos this morning and this forum and by coincidence came across a thread with someone lowering their car and people said they need rear camber arms because there's not much play in stock ones so it got me thinking,

do i need some wIth 30mm drop??

Does anyone have any maybe??

Does anyone know of any budget ones that are just straight swap so i can change myself??

Thanks for any advice chaps :thumbs:

Id say it definitely couldn't hurt to get some camber arms. My old Honda was on the floor however it had a full suspension set up, camber arms, toe arms and the tyres looked as good as the day it was done.

Ive read that with anything over 20mm they start to struggle alignment wise. Why put all that extra stress on your joints :D Do it right first time, do it once.

My 350 has coilovers on and lowered around 25mm. I appreciate every zed will be slightly different but below photo will give you an idea of what to expect geometry wise.

Bottom left pic when car first went in for alignment after coilovers fitted.

Top left pic, after alignment setup done, as you can see there is very little adjustment for stock parts

Right pic, after fitting adjustable rear camber arms and adj toe bolts, full adjustment (-3 to +3) achievable

I am happy with the setup now as camber is -1.3 all round but would require front adj camber arms to get it fully green.

The rear camber kit cost approx £150 (eibach) the fronts are more like £450 so that is for the future.

E07ED7DA-BD5E-4450-A89C-BD8D0C6B9AD3_zpsltragflf.jpg

So your saying with my 30mm drop I'll need adjustable camber arms on the rear?

I want as close to standard geo setup as possible.

will I need front adjustable arms aswel????

also do i really need adjustable toe bolts?? I thought it was just camber that was affected when lowering

Cheers guys

Everything gets pi**ed by lowering hence why you need a geo afterwards. But theres only so much the standard suspension will give you before you stress it out.

A 30mm drop is quite a drop, buddy of my ruined his Z by doing 30mm. Drove awfully and squeaked and clattered down the road

With a 30mm drop you will need adjustable front and rear camber arms and adj toe bolts to get back to oem specs

Because all the suspension parts are essentially connected you cant adjust one without effecting the other and the standard zed components only allow the smallest of adjustment, not sure you can dven adj camber.

I put the rear arms and toe bolts on only as its a cheaper option and its more important as far as im aware for the rear driven wheels to have less camber and bigger contact patch for acceleration. A small amount of negative camber on front is beneficial for most situations, hey some people add even more than the drop will give you, that coupled with the £450 cost plus fitting plus geo setup is why i have left it as is.

I'm just abit nervous my car will feel like its on ice when I get my new tyres on.. I changed my tyres on my s2000 after I bought it the week before I went to nurburgring last year, when I left the tyre shop they said I could do with an adjustment and driving it felt like it was on ice obviously only the inner corners were in contact with the road, luckily they got It done two days later ready for my ring trip 3 days after that... nothing like last minute lol.

So im getting new tyres on the z mid april before japfest, I don't want to have the same last minute worry with poor grip from my new ad08r s especially as iv got track time booked there aswell.

Would this be everything I need for the rear??? 2 arms 2 toe bolts

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/suspension/arms-links/761-350z-eibach-rear-camber-arms-572050k.html

Or these....

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/suspension/arms-links/874-350z-spc-rear-camber-arm-set-72050x2.html

Sorry for all the noon questions, but if never had to deal with any suspension modding, if always stayed stock, I bought this car with these mods not realising to pain they may cause in the future lol I'm tempted to just go back to stock springs and stop faffing around but i do like the look and the extra stiffness.

If anyone could recommend a cheap solution to my problem I'd be gratefull, im guessing I need rear camber arms and toe bolts,

Cheers guys

Just take it to Kwik Fit or someone like that, get them to do an alignment check - take a photo of the print out and post it here.

(that's assuming you have the springs already on the car which it sounds like)

It's free for them to do that btw.

Is it really.... looks like I'll be paying them a visit then, cheers for that :thumbs:

I was litterally just about to buy one of them rear camber kits with toe bolts,

In all honesty I think I will need them, definatly for the rear anyway. I'm now just googleing the he'll out of every single 350 suspension post from uk and US of A to see if I can get away without the front camber arms as they are like 400 golden nuggets lol

I think I'm gunna buy the rears, fit them myself, then take it to get tyres on and full alignment next day and tell them to get it as close as possible.

Next months Gunna be a biggie.... 4 tyres, arms, alignment, MOT, japfest.... :doh:

does a anyone have experiance in bank robbery??? Iv got a couple of balaclavas and plenty of "can do attitude"