Nismo exhaust Y-pipe blown...

N15MNO-Daron

My Y pipe section on my Nismo exhaust has just blown (air seeping out of the flexi part on left side) and only 5 months old! Making horrible whistling sound.. Has anyone experienced this before??

Need a bit of advice about what i shud do? It came from USA..

Request a replacement as its under warranty? or request refund and get another make of Y pipe? Any recommendations please?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Y pipe section on my Nismo exhaust has just blown (air seeping out of the flexi part on left side) and only 5 months old! Making horrible whistling sound.. Has anyone experienced this before??

Request a replacement as its under warranty? or request refund and get another make of Y pipe? Any recommendations please?

Firstly :scare:

Secondly request a replacement under warranty :thumbs:

If you have no joy with the warranty we can supply a new Y section for £130 we have them in stock.

Cheers for the offer Phil..il keep it in mind.

As u know from my last few orders i have been buying only from you in UK, im realising the inconvenience of overseas orders :headhurt:

Do u know if the problem im experiencing happens often?

It's a first to us, we have had one system crack as a result of the Kinetix cats, but no further issues and over 50 exhausts supplied.

As you have mentioned had it been bought from us you would have had a new one tommorow.

umm.. dont usually like to name the seller in case it hurts their reputation (unless they do something bad)

Its just an unlucky fault i think.. i do drive my car hard.. but whats the point of sports exhaust system if it cant handle it?

ive contacted him in US and requested a replacement.. due to the time diff i assume il get a reply later tonight or tmr ..il keep u updated.

umm.. dont usually like to name the seller in case it hurts their reputation (unless they do something bad)

Its just an unlucky fault i think.. i do drive my car hard.. but whats the point of sports exhaust system if it cant handle it?

ive contacted him in US and requested a replacement.. due to the time diff i assume il get a reply later tonight or tmr ..il keep u updated.

If there's a fault it reflects on the manufacture/design and not Brinster. How he handles your problem on the other hand will be telling. :)

If there's a fault it reflects on the manufacture/design and not Brinster. How he handles your problem on the other hand will be telling. :)

+1 spot on digsy, the problem is not a refelection on the seller only the way they deal with it :thumbs:

Hi all... got reply from seller and he offered to replace it on warranty asap.

Im grateful for the result :)

..but its coming from USA..so il have to drive round for abt a week in car that sounds like a lawn mower! hmmm

The only other thing im concerned about.. is if it happens again.. i cant keep asking for replacements, anyone know of another make of Y pipe thats an improvement over the nismo one?

..but its coming from USA..so il have to drive round for abt a week in car that sounds like a lawn mower! hmmm

The only other thing im concerned about.. is if it happens again.. i cant keep asking for replacements, anyone know of another make of Y pipe thats an improvement over the nismo one?

if it helps we have a stock of Nismo exhausts due tommorow, I can send you one from our stock and ask them to send the replacement to us.

if it helps we have a stock of Nismo exhausts due tommorow, I can send you one from our stock and ask them to send the replacement to us.

how good is that ? :thumbs:

:#1:

Wow..thx so much, thats a dream offer.. :king:

Are u sure its ok?

He's sending the replacement off on wednesday so shall i email him your address?... i want pay your postage cost too (il PM u).

PS definately going to place more orders with u soon.. my final part of the project are the pads, wheels, tyres and FCON re map respectively .. if thats ok with u?

Are u sure its ok?

He's sending the replacement off on wednesday so shall i email him your address?... i want pay your postage cost too, how much?

PS definately going to place more orders with u soon.. my final part of the project are the pads, wheels, tyres and FCON re map respectively .. if thats ok with u?

No problem just PM me some contact details and a delivery address and I will call you tommorow when I can confirm the exhausts have arrived.

Are u sure its ok?

He's sending the replacement off on wednesday so shall i email him your address?... i want pay your postage cost too, how much?

No problem just PM me some contact details and a delivery address and I will call you tommorow when I can confirm the exhausts have arrived.

Wow! Top man phil :thumbs:

Are u sure its ok?

Three cheers for bigphil :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

unfortunately the problem is not the Y pipe persay...its the Kinetix cats. I can't even tell you how many people here in the US have had a failure with that exact setup. Seems only a few cats/test pipes work out well in the long term with aftermarket Y pipes

Is there a long term solution to this? It wud help others on the site who are thinking abt this route..

Are u sure its ok?

+1 :thumbs:

Are u sure its ok?

+2

Are u sure its ok?

+2

+3

BTW, also interested in knowing why kinetix cats would cause any damage on the Y-pipe...