Nismo exhaust Y-pipe blown...

N15MNO-Daron

Wow..thx so much, thats a dream offer.. :king:

Are u sure its ok?

He's sending the replacement off on wednesday so shall i email him your address?... i want pay your postage cost too, how much?

PS definately going to place more orders with u soon.. my final part of the project are the pads, wheels, tyres and FCON re map respectively .. if thats ok with u?

No problem just PM me some contact details and a delivery address and I will call you tommorow when I can confirm the exhausts have arrived.

Wow! Top man phil :thumbs:

+1 :thumbs:

+2

+3

BTW, also interested in knowing why kinetix cats would cause any damage on the Y-pipe...

because the standard cats have a mounting bracket taking some of the weight , the Kinetix cats do not have this.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are u sure its ok?

He's sending the replacement off on wednesday so shall i email him your address?... i want pay your postage cost too, how much?

PS definately going to place more orders with u soon.. my final part of the project are the pads, wheels, tyres and FCON re map respectively .. if thats ok with u?

No problem just PM me some contact details and a delivery address and I will call you tommorow when I can confirm the exhausts have arrived.

+2

+3

BTW, also interested in knowing why kinetix cats would cause any damage on the Y-pipe...

because the standard cats have a mounting bracket taking some of the weight , the Kinetix cats do not have this.

But i thought the Kinetix cats were much lighter? :)

Is there not a fix for this?

Are u sure its ok?

+2

+3

But i thought the Kinetix cats were much lighter? :)

Is there not a fix for this?

They are lighter but they are only now supported by the flanges joining the cat to the Y, some have welded brackets to help with problem, it is a rare occurence having said that.

The lack of the bracket is not the issue to be honest. There are several aftermarket cats out there without a bracket that have never caused any such problems. In fact the bracket if not properly executed can cause its own set of failures! The Kintetix ones, for whatever reason, have caused numerous Y pipe failures, so have Crawford. I can't say why, it just seems to be how things end up unfortunately

• 1 month later...

Just to update here.. as its relevent posting.

My Y-pipe again has blown.. exactly where the flexi parts are (same as last time).

I talked to few garages this morning ..they suggested that possibly the engine mounts have gone.. or are loose.. which wud create a lot of vibration or movement and the Y pipe flexi mesh is the weakest spot.

im going in today or wednesday to get it investigated properly.. il update u with the findings.

Yep, good plan. I suspect that for it to fail in such a short time it's either getting battered over speed bumps (or similar) or there was excess movement coming from somewhere else. Lets hope a low cost fix is possible!

Problem not solved unfortunately.. went to garage to get everything inspected.

Mounts checked - nothing wrong with them..

Exhaust movement checked - nothing wrong with it.

Garage says its Y pipe or the fitting. Strange its in same place as last time.. they suggested it cud be slight damage from speed hump as its lowest part of the car..or faulty..

Now im v confused.

I had Kinetix HFC's icw the Nismo exhaust for 6 months without any problem.

Then I hit a curb-height platform and I damaged the flex part as it is indeed the lowest part of the whole exhaust, so I replaced it with a JIC y-pipe.

So far no problems, only done some 1500 miles though.

I hope you can sort it soon.

I had/have the Ichiba Y-pipe which I think is a Nismo copy. Have had it on for nearly a year now with no problems, although I did get it modified a few months ago.

Got mine from Adam :)

Made a Mod to the y pipe? umm.. tell us all :) ..got a approx price of that,.., i know u can get replicas on ebay for abt £80

I had/have the Ichiba Y-pipe which I think is a Nismo copy. Have had it on for nearly a year now with no problems, although I did get it modified a few months ago.

Got mine from Adam :)

Made a Mod to the y pipe? umm.. tell us all :) ..got a approx price of that,.., i know u can get replicas on ebay for abt £80

Not sure what the price would be, had it done as part of some other work :)

My Y-pipe is just 2 straight pipes now, much louder & much more free flowing B)

JIC.. how much and who from pls? is it slightly diff style or exactly same?

You could try one of our own Y pipes normally £130 could let you have one that has only been on a car for 100miles for £100.

The flexi joints sit higher than the Nismo so give an extra 20mm of clearance.

You could try one of our own Y pipes normally £130 could let you have one that has only been on a car for 100miles for £100.

Thx Phil.. its a good offer.. i think il take u up on it.

..Why was it taken off the car after only 100miles?

Thx Phil.. its a good offer.. i think il take u up on it.

..Why was it taken off the car after only 100miles?

Customer changed his mind and went for a different setup within a couple of days.