EML LIGHT! P1147 P1167

reeceybeaney

Started driving my new Zed last week and noticed a few days ago the EML light coming on. I have done research on the forum and found that replacing O2 sensors is the answer to the P1147 and P1167 codes.

I did the the "pedal dance" and that threw the P1167 code and I plugged an OBD2 gizmo in and that said P1147...

Recently fitted a Mishimoto Induction Kit and hoping that this isn't the cause of the codes!

Hope someone can help or cat least confirm it's likely to be BOTH O2 sensors!

Happens to nearly everyone, especially those that have different exhausts, do you have a non standard one?

It'll happen more in the colder months, just use the obd2 thing and clear it.

So basically don't worry about it and ignore it??? Yes I have a Cobra Resonated Cat Back and a Japspeed Y Pipe.

Its due to increase gas flow in exhausts. O2 sensors think mixture is lean. You can try the sleeves for o2 sensors but the only real way to cure it is a remap.

Mine`s been on for over a year, had a fuelling check on the rolling road and all good.

Worth looking to see if the cats are different or not.

Typically with this car it makes a bit more sense to have it mapped after changes to the breathing of it, so it's fueling properly and that you actually make use of any extra ponies from the parts.

I clear the light though otherwise you don't know if another error pops up.

• Like 1

Its due to increase gas flow in exhausts. O2 sensors think mixture is lean. You can try the sleeves for o2 sensors but the only real way to cure it is a remap.

Mine`s been on for over a year, had a fuelling check on the rolling road and all good.

Worth looking to see if the cats are different or not.

Typically with this car it makes a bit more sense to have it mapped after changes to the breathing of it, so it's fueling properly and that you actually make use of any extra ponies from the parts.

I clear the light though otherwise you don't know if another error pops up.

Car going up on the ramp this weekend for a gearbox and diff oil change so will check the cats then, even though I'm sure they're standard.

Guess I'm saving up for a plenum spacer and an UpRev then!

Edited by reeceybeaney
  • Like 1

Iv got the p1147 (just the passenger side), iv got k1 cat back, came on the car, was fine for the first two months when I bought it, then this code came on in November, when I clear the code and it comes back on in around 30miles. I've changed the o2 sensor for a second hand one and its no different.

Should I just buy 1 o2 spacer for the passenger side?

Iv got the p1147 (just the passenger side), iv got k1 cat back, came on the car, was fine for the first two months when I bought it, then this code came on in November, when I clear the code and it comes back on in around 30miles. I've changed the o2 sensor for a second hand one and its no different.

Should I just buy 1 o2 spacer for the passenger side?

I had the light on from Wednesday last week up until Sunday night. I did the ecu reset using the pedals and the light has stayed off all week so far! I think the sensors must get damp or something that just causes them to throw up a code. I got told if the car isn't running poorly and your economy hasn't dropped then I wouldn't bother as people have told me the sensors can play around when it's cold and damp.

What sort of economy should i get?

I'm getting 22mpg when I'm driving round the village and town where I live, changing gear at 3k rpm (30 mph zones, a little duel carriageway, a little bit of traffic)

when I'm on the motorway I get between 35 and 39ish

is this average with other people for a 04 DE with 90k ?

Edited by Rob350