A.Flux Insurance

TT350

Got new quote through today.

These guy's really are no longer competitive.

52 Reg Focus ST170 worth 500 quid

5k miles a year

35 y/o driver with maximum NC bonus.

No points on licence ever

No convictions

Last year - 700 quid

This year 1341 quid

Jokers.

Update: they've already taken a deposit of nearly 400 quid and want to charge me 100 quid to cancel.

Not happy.

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1

Who was that with though? I wonder if they've adjusted their insurers list, as they seem to be far more reasonable for many people in the last few months.

No chance in hell I'd be paying £700 to insure an ST170, much less £1300!

Who was that with though? I wonder if they've adjusted their insurers list, as they seem to be far more reasonable for many people in the last few months.

No chance in hell I'd be paying £700 to insure an ST170, much less £1300!

Unfortunately the OL postcode is one of the worst in the country and spans a great distance so 700 is about right. But not 1300.

Was the £1300 the auto-renew price and you forgot to check it and it got renewed? (hence the £400 deposit comment?)

I recieved no renewal info as they hadn't posted it to me and they sent the info to the wrong email address.

Had you changed your email address? I would have thought it would have gone to the same email address they initially set you up on? I use CK and have nothing but good experiences and prices with them, AF were not quite as competitive, but were not terrible. In terms of price increases, pretty much every insurance company does the same at renewal time - although agree the increase is somewhat excessive.

My wife has a 14 year old Renault Megane and pays £30 less for it than my Celica GT-Four. The insurance companies generally throw stuff into a computer and see what comes up, pretty sure its not personal.

If you can prove that the email went to the wrong place you could put in a customer complaint that you never had the chance to assess the renewal price, but really you are relying on their goodwill.

Got new quote through today.

These guy's really are no longer competitive.

52 Reg Focus ST170 worth 500 quid

5k miles a year

35 y/o driver with maximum NC bonus.

No points on licence ever

No convictions

Last year - 700 quid

This year 1341 quid

Jokers.

Update: they've already taken a deposit of nearly 400 quid and want to charge me 100 quid to cancel.

Not happy.

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your renewal. Whilst insurance has generally increased substantially over the last 12 months I am surprised we were so much higher than last years premium. I'd appreciate it if you could PM your details so I can see why.

Regards,

Dan.