Wierd Whooshing noise

kbad

Hi guys and gals - I have a weird whooshing noise (almost a whistle) quite low noise almost imperceptible when I start driving the car from cold , this scenario (noise) persists for about 3 - 4 minutes then totally disappears.

Always hear the sound when starting the popemobile from cold.

Has any other HR or DE owners experienced this ?

I ruled out

1) door/window seals as the noise stops after a coupe of mins.

2)Gearbox -noise stops after couple of mins and I just changed a bearing last month

3) Just changed OEM DMF, Clutch AND csc last month

Any Thoughts/Ideas/Comments B)

Alloo , thanks for the update :teeth: yes Mitz@couguarstore changed these last year at the P3 service

yes the pitch increases with revs

Sounds to me like the belts need tightening. New belts stretch so need to be re-tightened, its likely to be the aux belt as it has to work harder in the winter.

If you can fit your arms down the back of the radiator its a 5 minute job, if not you need to get underneath the car and do it so it'll probably take 30 minutes.

• Like 1

I also had similar symptoms, and it was some bearing or other in the belt system, sorry I can't be more specific than that. Mine was worse when cold, but always there, slightly.

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same thing, whine/whistling sound when starting the car in the morning and goes away after 10 minutes same as my notchy 2nd gear... no clue what the hell it is, ive read that it might be gearbox bearing, differential or even driveshaft and now here that the belts need tightening lol. People have even changed their gearboxes for this reason...