Fuel return routing

scobie140

Trying to install the CJM stage 0 fuel return system, just spent over an hour trying to get the return line either up from under the car to the fuel bucket or from inside the car at the fuel bucked down under the car. The fuel line is pretty stiff and there is no way get hands of fingers into most of it, I've tried using wire to pull it through. From what I can feel its trying to get round 3 90 degree bends. Anyone got any tips or pics of how they did theirs?

Trying to install the CJM stage 0 fuel return system, just spent over an hour trying to get the return line either up from under the car to the fuel bucket or from inside the car at the fuel bucked down under the car. The fuel line is pretty stiff and there is no way get hands of fingers into most of it, I've tried using wire to pull it through. From what I can feel its trying to get round 3 90 degree bends. Anyone got any tips or pics of how they did theirs?

fed a piece of wire down from the top and used it to pull the pipe through :)

fed a piece of wire down from the top and used it to pull the pipe through :)

Been trying that but the new CJM pipe is way too stiff to bend round :angry: might have to lower the petrol tank I think unless anyone can come up with any other solutions or show me a pic that i'm doing it the wrong way.

I used a long bit of heat shrink taped to the end of the pipe - it's stiff but flexible. Fold the end of the heat shrink over so that it doesnt slip off the tape even if you pull hard.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/86592-precious-got-a-supercharger/page__st__60#entry1327240

Can be a git getting the pipe up there - but when you find the channel, it is ok.

:thumbs:

I used a long bit of heat shrink taped to the end of the pipe - it's stiff but flexible. Fold the end of the heat shrink over so that it doesnt slip off the tape even if you pull hard.

http://www.350z-uk.c...60#entry1327240

Can be a git getting the pipe up there - but when you find the channel, it is ok.

:thumbs:

Seen your build thread that whats got me worried that threading this through this way might not be an option for me. I've tried the same route as what yours looks from the top and bottom but can barely get it round the first bend, used cable in the same fashion you used the heat shrink. Might try and see how easy it will be to try and loosen the tank enough to give a bit more clearance or will have to get a new bit of pipe made up from more flexible hose. Very frustrating

A big help with access is to remove your lower brace if you are really stuck. When I fitted my stage 2 FRS, brace came off and made life a lot easier. Brace is easy to get off - just a load of bolts, although the small ones at the back holding the plastic covers might break. I wouldn't advise dropping your tank though..

I have the ultra racing brace so there is plenty of room to get the hose up and in, its the getting it round the bends that's my problem. The hose doesn't have enough flex in it to be pushed/ pulled through. I even had two of us on it with one pushing while the other pulled. I'll give it another bash tomorrow after work before committing to more drastic measures.

After a lot of brute force and ignorance we have success :)

20170202_165611_zpsmcr7b4hi.jpg

After i took this pic the hose felt like the u bend was pretty tight and kinking slightly so tightened the fitting into the bucket a bit more to lessen the angle, its not as good as i'd like it but better than before. I'll bare it in mind when it comes to tuning as a potential problem if were having fueling issues.

Quickly ran the pipe to the front of the car, got as far as the first bracket that is held on with a bolt, that sheared to called it quits for tonight.

I tried to pop it into the brackets quickly but it kept popping out so will deal with that at a later date.