revenge on irritating persistent shop assistant

andybp

So I popped into halfords earlier to get a brake light bulb for my Z got the irritating perky assistant as soon as I walked in "What brought you here today sir ?" (so tempted to say my car) "Anything I can help you with ?" so I stuck with polite no thanks but he wasn't having that and follows me over to the bulbs "I can probably find that quicker " he says well it's been a long day and I was tempted to go with "just pi** off and leave me alone" but I resisted and smiled and said "actually could you go and get me a pollen filter for a 350Z has to be for a uk car as the imports different " it was great fun watching him walk up and down, look through the little look up chart things they have then he looked up and caught my eye and I said "have you found it yet I'm in a bit of a hurry here " so he runs to the end of the aisle a bit flustered to the parts department bit and starts having a conversation with the parts guy "any time today mate " I say then their conversation gets a little heated and finishes with the parts guy gesturing at his screen and I'm guessing informing mr helpful that they don't have one as the both then turn and just stare at me by which time I'm giggling like a girl oh what fun. :lol: so I payed for my bulb and left :)

• Like 3

Screwfix have started doing this a lot recently, having someone by the catalogues asking if you need any help and have you found what you are looking for all the time. I know they're only doing their job, but it does get annoying every time you go in there!