Is an Audi TT a Good Buy ?

Bandit

I wish we'd bought the one we looked at instead of that spiteful Mini. My own fault really, I shouldn't have suggested that she drive her dream car: Next time I'll just tell her what to buy!

What Mini was it? My cooper S was one of the most epic cars to drive I've ever had (pre 05).

And the choice is...?

Sorry Ekona....ITS A LATE BMW 1 SERIES 120d M SPORT. Lovely car with all the kit, full leather, sunroof, 6 speed in black.

Picking it up this morning in the fog..!! Audi TT went out the window and I'm happy with that, don't think the Bank of Dad would have liked the repair bills for a TT.

You wait until you get the bills for when the chain and turbo fails on the BMW engine...! :lol: Hang on, surely he pays for his own car repairs? It's his car after all.

Definitely a better choice, just a shame it's the diesel.

• Like 1

You wait until you get the bills for when the chain and turbo fails on the BMW engine...! :lol: Hang on, surely he pays for his own car repairs? It's his car after all.

Definitely a better choice, just a shame it's the diesel.

This has had £3k just spent on it. New Clutch, Flywheel, timing chain, water pump, injectors, and brakes, full set of new boots all around with all invoice there. Best deal for insurance was the 120d. Good for running around town £30 a year road tax.

Running around town is the worst thing you can do with a modern diesel, they'll never get hot enough to ensure the DPF system starts working. It'll need a good long blast at speed once a week at least to make sure he doesn't end up with a big bill.

Can't even remove it any more now the MOT rules have changed, either.

• Like 1

N47 never actually had a recall, it was a quality enhancement and only effected certain cars around 2007-2009. I had my E92 done under warranty and the bill from synter was £3.5k

Ran mine around town for over a year without issue and the odd motorway blast, it would do partial dpf burns roughly every 200 miles as I checked the pdf readings regularly with carly for bmw app.

Edited by un1eash

• 2 weeks later...

Yay, 1 Series world domination continues :lol:

How late is "late model"? They had a factory recall for the timing chains and earlier N47's also have swirl flap issues, if they havent been done it might be worth considering :)

Its a 2009, I checked with BMW. on any outstanding recalls and they confirmed there were no outstanding recalls on it.

(see below)

Recalls and quality enhancements are chassis specific – so for your peace of mind I’ve checked our records and can confirm there’s none outstanding for your car.

I hope this information is of use to you, but if there’s anything else I can help you with please contact me.

Kind regards

BMW Group

United Kingdom

BMW Customer Support

Summit ONE

Summit Avenue, Farnborough

Hampshire , GU14 0FB

Tel: +44 (0) 800 5610555

Mail to: customer.information@bmw.co.uk

URL: www.bmw.co.uk