350z in scotland

Chargersjoe

Hi guys,

New here and looking to get into a 350z, I stay in Aberdeen and after seeing some poor examples on the likes of gumtree etc I've decided to wait for a nicer forum car.

Don't give a damn about mileage at all as long as the car drives well and is fully operational. No body rust is essential though.

Willing to travel for the right car but ideally I'll get one withing 3 hours drive or so.

Thanks,

Joe

Mine had some on the inside lip of the arches but i think it was caused by a crap respray ive since then rolled the arches and resprayed the car.. and like jeff i stay clear of the roads in winter as the mix of wet and salt just destroy cars. If you get a clean one spend some time and money and get ut properly undersealed and wax oiled.

Yeah putting a car away for winter is a must in my eyes! Luckily with the 350 being a RWD 2 seater is like to think most are weekend/good weather cars anyway.

Maybe no rust at all is a bit extreme but I don't want crusty arches or anything like that.

Thanks so far guys!

I went on a 5 day mission to Exeter to buy my Z. Well worth it though.

Took a test drive in a Z at a showroom in Glasgow and fell in love. Only they wanted £8400 for a 2003 that was riddled with rust underneath.

Took a test drive in a Z at a showroom in Glasgow and fell in love. Only they wanted £8400 for a 2003 that was riddled with rust underneath.

5 days?!?! Did you walk? 😉

Yeah that's the problem I'm having, plenty highly priced low mileage cars that just haven't been cared for!

You mention no body rust. For some reason every Z I buy from Scotland has really bad body rust.

Has anyone else noticed this, or just coincidence?

Sorry, good luck with your hunt Joe.

I've had 2 zs, first had 34k and came from Glasgow and everything on it was rotten! Second z had 155k on it and came from London and is mint!

5 days?!?! Did you walk? 😉

Yeah that's the problem I'm having, plenty highly priced low mileage cars that just haven't been cared for!

The majority of the time was having the car checked out properly. Car was off the road because the old man who owned it was too scared to drive it.

But yeah 5 days in total. I'm not one to rush into buying a car that far away from me.

I left Glasgow too as I was getting rusty :) . The W brace underneath always shows superficial rust and gives the impression that the car is rotten. I am on my 3rd Zed and they were all that way on the brace but the rest was fine. Once that is replaced or refurbed it will look better. I got mine from Poole/Midlands and Berkshire so maybe you need to travel a bit to get a decent one. Good luck with that.

Welcome to the forum OP.

Do you have a wishlist (colour, trim, aero) & potential budget for your 350z purchase? Are you after the early engined 276bhp, facelift model 296bhp or HR engined 308bhp versions?

We do have a fairly big community & I'm sure there's something that will peak your interest in our Zeds for Sale section.

Welcome again.

Welcome to the forum OP.

Do you have a wishlist (colour, trim, aero) & potential budget for your 350z purchase? Are you after the early engined 276bhp, facelift model 296bhp or HR engined 308bhp versions?

We do have a fairly big community & I'm sure there's something that will peak your interest in our Zeds for Sale section.

Welcome again.

Hi G,

I'm actually pretty easy... no colour preference, ideally GT spec, DE 276bhp, anywhere mileage wise as long as the condition of the car is good and I'm looking to pay around 6k... could stretch for the right car though.

Thanks!

That's around the right price, have to be a bit special to justify anything more for a DE - something like Jeff's Gengar (But he's not selling) .

You should come along to a meet once the weather improves :-)

Edited by -G-
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

New here and looking to get into a 350z, I stay in Aberdeen and after seeing some poor examples on the likes of gumtree etc I've decided to wait for a nicer forum car.

Don't give a damn about mileage at all as long as the car drives well and is fully operational. No body rust is essential though.

Willing to travel for the right car but ideally I'll get one withing 3 hours drive or so.

Thanks,

Joe

PM sent 😎

That's around the right price, have to be a bit special to justify anything more for a DE - something like Jeff's Gengar (But he's not selling) .

You should come along to a meet once the weather improves :-)

Yeah coming to meet would definitely be good, even just to get a good look at various cars to get a handle on how a look after one should be.

Hopefully I'll maybe even have one of my own by then!

I'll keep an eye out for anything happening locally.

Hi Joe mines will be going up for sale in a few days getting mot done saturday pre mot last week so It will pass only thing needed was drivers side lower banana arm as a bush had gone.

In Airdrie just outside Glasgow. 05 gt pack 52000 miles full service history. Got it undersealed as a precaution 3 years ago. No rust issues. Silver. Still got bose headunit cd player sticks when cold but they all do that. Money wise starting £6500 but any sensible offer. As I say car will be moted till feb 2018. If interested let me know will get pics once car mot,ed

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the posts/PM's and offers guys. Just to update I picked up a Zed yesterday, 2004 GT spec, 90k miles, Kuro black and orange leather. Got it down in Edinburgh so fairly local...

The guy I bought it off of mentioned he bought it from a guy near Birmingham about two years ago? Apparently he's on here? Also had an azure?

Anyways thanks guys, build thread on the way!

Looking forward to perhaps seeing some faces at meets in the future and getting to know you all on here!

Mods can lock, thanks ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Edited by Chargersjoe
  • Like 3

Thanks for all the posts/PM's and offers guys. Just to update I picked up a Zed yesterday, 2004 GT spec, 90k miles, Kuro black and orange leather. Got it down in Edinburgh so fairly local...

The guy I bought it off of mentioned he bought it from a guy near Birmingham about two years ago? Apparently he's on here? Also had an azure?

Anyways thanks guys, build thread on the way!

Looking forward to perhaps seeing some faces at meets in the future and getting to know you all on here!

Mods can lock, thanks ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Look forward to seeing it on the roads of Aberdeen.