Aftermarket Seats

Tomb

Alright chaps

I'm after a set of buckets, but I don't want to just blindly buy online I want to actually sit in them first and make sure they are for me.

I'm looking at the sparco evo seats so first of all is there anywhere local to Bournemouth that anyone knows that sells them ... the closest places I've found so far is demon tweeks and GSM /sportsseat4u and they are both at least 3 hours drive away, a tad to far for me. I wouldn't mind an hour or so but 6 hour round trip just to sit in some seats.

Secondly has anyone had these seats in the past or even better in a Z? And would care to give me their opinion.

Tom.

trying to sort the same sort of thing out for mine at the mo....i ve managed to pick up a recaro sr seat the other day

14711934_431077810615858_7532363693531594752_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM5OTU4NDU1ODY2MDEyMTY3MQ%3D%3D.2

currently on the search for another..

Edited by buster

Make the trip. 3 hours is nothing, you're going to spend 1000x that in driving time so you have to know they'll fit perfectly and be comfortable.

I highly recommend GSM, they were super helpful when I took the 2.5hr trip to see them. I tried every seat, moved them around in the showroom, pulled apart the seat bases to try different ones etc. Massively worth the trip.

• Like 1

Make the trip. 3 hours is nothing, you're going to spend 1000x that in driving time so you have to know they'll fit perfectly and be comfortable.

I highly recommend GSM, they were super helpful when I took the 2.5hr trip to see them. I tried every seat, moved them around in the showroom, pulled apart the seat bases to try different ones etc. Massively worth the trip.

Good advice I'd say

I have just recently bought some bucket seats. You definately need to sit in them first, do not buy without trying somewhere. I went to GSM for the sparco rev but i did not realise they were so small i had to clench my cheeks to get in (both sets) and i am 5,9 11stone.

Ended up opting for buddy club which are only 5kg each and the large option which i think is the only size available in uk fits perfect.

I was gonna purchase from GSM but i rung them 3 seperate days to order along with buddyclub rails and each time the guy said he would ring back but never did. So i lost patience and ordered direct from buddyclub uk website.

Also as the guy at GSM pointed out and i realise from fitting, there arent that many bucket seats that will fit in a 350 due to interior dimensions. The ones i have which you can sort of make out from pic below have just millimetres clearence on bolsters to door handles and about 10mm clearence at shoulders to door cards. They are 585mm at shoulders. The sparco evo you are interested in if its the evo 1 are 600mm at shoulders so that would be sbout maximum to fit in a 350. Any wider and you will have issues. Hope this helps

8C9F81B8-6DA4-4E33-AFA3-02978BB67D53_zpsvno6bueu.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies guy.

I was looking around and realised how tight the cabin of the Z is so will definitely red to take it into consideration.

Bob SRs are my back up plan I want a really rough old pair that I can get reupholstered and will defiantly fit in the Z.

Tom