Opinions on my paint quote

scotzman

Hi all, have new and front bumper i want painted and fitted and received the quote below... any opinions on if thats expensive/reasonable/cheap ?

We charge £35 + VAT per hour so you're looking 3-4 hours per bumper I would guess, but again it depends on the bumpers. To paint the panel is £250 + VAT per panel as they are new parts.

When you come in Monday ask for a 10% discount and we will honour that in the estimate straight away.

Thanks for any advice

Well mate I got my nismo kit sprayed and fitted and the rear bumper, bonnet and boot sprayed for £900 for comparison. I thought it was a good price. The paint is spot on but I would've preferred them to spend a little more time prepping fitment before spraying.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I

received the quote

the estimate

Two completely different things, they have given you an estimate, not a quote.

As Tricky says above, until they have the car and bumper and know what they are up against, expect the price to change, unless its oem which should be fairly straightforward to give you a proper quote.

i.e i was quoted £350 to fit and paint a rt performance bumper by my usual trustworthy sprayer, once they saw the issues needed to get correct fitment, that went up to £550.

Sorry but you are kind of asking, how long is a piece of string because of the unknown quantities :)

P.s No mention of material costs in there (paint, masking tape and other things required).

Edited by Jetpilot

Well mate I got my nismo kit sprayed and fitted and the rear bumper, bonnet and boot sprayed for £900 for comparison. I thought it was a good price. The paint is spot on but I would've preferred them to spend a little more time prepping fitment before spraying.

Thanks Miller, sort of puts in in perspective...

No problem mate, I think if it's a straight forward spray the front bumper £250-£300 is what you should be looking at however the price will increase if it's aftermarket bad fitting like has been said. I had a kit I took to 3 places and none of them would touch it it was that far out. I then bought another from Rt and they said that was much better quality which it was and they had no problem doing it. I am a bit of a perfectionist though and in hindsight maybe should've test fitted it and done some of the prep myself as I feel I got the job done cheap, not as much money was spent on prep. For example I have a panel gap or about 2mm along one part but then the last inch the gap drops to about half a mill. Only noticeable close up but you really need to know the quality of finish you are after and make sure the price reflects the work

No problem mate, I think if it's a straight forward spray the front bumper £250-£300 is what you should be looking at however the price will increase if it's aftermarket bad fitting like has been said. I had a kit I took to 3 places and none of them would touch it it was that far out. I then bought another from Rt and they said that was much better quality which it was and they had no problem doing it. I am a bit of a perfectionist though and in hindsight maybe should've test fitted it and done some of the prep myself as I feel I got the job done cheap, not as much money was spent on prep. For example I have a panel gap or about 2mm along one part but then the last inch the gap drops to about half a mill. Only noticeable close up but you really need to know the quality of finish you are after and make sure the price reflects the work

Thanks Miller, Ive fitted the front and it goes in on the 9th jan, looks a pretty good line up and that was a quick fitting and only stuck on with the top of the bumper clips so ill fine tune it so to speak before then, the rear bumper is a chargespeed so im guessing that might be a little more difficult to do myself as i dont know about brackets etc so a little reluctant to mess with that.

My job involves getting damaged cars repaired. For a full bumper respray I would expect £200 + vat North West UK, however this would be oem fitted just to repair. As others have said aftermarket fiberglass would be a pain to fit. Offer cash, may get you it a bit cheaper!

Edited by Exec

My job involves getting damaged cars repaired. For a full bumper respray I would expect £200 + vat North West UK, however this would be oem fitted just to repair. As others have said aftermarket fiberglass would be a pain to fit. Offer cash, may get you it a bit cheaper!

Or test drive when done, then do a runner.

About right id say :thumbs:

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Agree with all the above but as others have said the finish is key.No point getting a good paint job if the fitment is not good.I would make sure they have some practical experience of fettling fibre glass too.

Edited by Payco