Revup belts - which to use?

Mikevv

Hi guys, I bought some new belts for my 350z Revup, but my mechanic gave me a ring to say that the one belt is too long and won't fit.

I bought the DE pack from Horsham developments, so I figured it would be fine??

Unless I actually needed one for an HR, despite not having an HR...?

Can someone fill me in please? The mechanic is a trusted one - my brother in law.

Just to clarify, this isn't to slander H-dev. I just want to know which belts I MIGHT need to purchase, should these be wrong, and maybe help someone else in the future.

Edited by Mikevv

I thought so too, but my mechanic says they don't fit. Contacted H-Dev in the mean time and they said its most odd, they should fit, maybe the adjusters are seized. I shall check with the mechanic and suggest it when I ask for the belt numbers etc.

Hi guys, I got the car back. The parts H Dev supplied were Gates 4pk948 and FAI 6pk1175 - The belt my mechanic used n fit was a Gates 6pk1173, I'm hoping this helps?

From what I can gather this must mean I have a pulley delete. Going by the name of the parts ( 1173 and 1175 ) this means the belt is around 2" shorter

Can someone tell my why they do pulley deletes, apart from Nissans obviously bad design in the first place - it shouldn't have had one there in the first place!

Edited by Mikevv

Are you sure?

It will be very obvious if the pulley has been deleted (refer to the images in post #6)

I believe the only reason it is deleted is for weight saving.

Yeah I spoke to him after and we mentioned pulleys, but I can't remember if mines missing or not - been a long day. I just put two and two together and probably got five ;)

The parts however I'm 110% sure, I have them in front of me now as I'm typing.

Gates 4pk948 and 6pk1173 are the correct belts for your application without the pulley delete.

So then I was supplied the wrong belt? the 6pk1173, as mentioned above, was bought afterwards.

Thank god for you wizards, don't know how you can remember all this!

The last 4 digits in that format of part code represent the length in millimetres (mm).

I find it very hard to believe that a difference of 2mm between the 6pk1175 and 6pk1173 caused a problem.

If the pulley had been deleted you would need a 6pk1145.

I've pulled them as hard as I can, both off the same point parallel to each other, and I can fit one finger tip between the two, quite comfortably. - In certain I couldn't have that small a finger

I do however agree that the 2mm shouldnt REALLY matter... but hey.

Tbh guys H-Dev found it weird too, as do I, but they've agreed to refund me, so that's all good. Just mark it down as some weird stuff, right next to women - Nobody understands this, or them, but we move on ;)

Unless you have some weird baby fingers, it sounds like that 1175 belt isn't really an 1175 belt. :lol:

A fingertip is probably a good 30mm+, which might just be enough to make it too long,

I'm guessing there is no marking on the belt itself of what the length is and measuring it with a tape measure isn't worth the hassle :dry: