Clutch Pedal Click?

Strudul

Noticed a clicking sound coming from my clutch pedal about half way down. Not sure if it was always there, but now I can't un-hear it. Apart from that it feels fine; goes all the way down and comes back up.

Is this normal? Is it bad?

Here's 13 seconds of me pumping the clutch (may need to turn up your volume to hear it):

Edited by Strudul

Mine does the same, If I press it really slowly it doesn't do it, and every now and again it doesn't do it at all, I tried researching it and all I found was someone saying its to do with a pin in the moving parts behind the pedal that's needs a good heavy lump of grease on, I havnt tried it yet, its on my to do list, along with everything else lol

Sounds similar to mine, there is a compression spring/damper type system off the clutch pedal and the clicking is coming from where the spring seats against the bottom cup. If you get your head under there and move the pedal with your hand you can see the spring move on the seating cup. Haven't solved mine yet though.

Not sure if yours is the same issue though

Tried to have a better look today, but it's next to impossible to get underneath. Made another video though - looks like the click happens when the top of the spring touches / separates from the bit of metal.

Might be looking in completely the wrong place though...

I had that on my last Zed too. Metallica cured it for a while but then I got worried. My clutch biting point was high too so I adjusted it down by following a Pinned Topic on the forum. The noise disappeared but that may have been luck. Then I changed the slave and master cylinders thinking that it would be belt and braces. I probably had read too much into the stories on the forum. No more clicking and no more high biting point. Not sure this will help but that was my experience of the said noise.

Then I turned up the volume:-).

• Like 1

FWIW guys, here are some cheap cylinders (for pre-06), these exact parts are in my car already, haven't been in for long, so can't really review, but prices are unbelievable...

Brand new slave for 20 quid: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231513647621

Brand new master for 30 quid: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231543954000

Edited by Aashenfox

• 1 month later...

I have the same thing. Heard its to do with the cruise control sensor on the clutch assembly Its not on the clutch arm but it is on a bracket in front of the clutch. Its a neutral switch which ties into the cruise. It makes a clicking sound when you first push the pedal to disengage.

Maybe someone without Cruise control could tell us if they also hear a click?

After test driving a of zeds before my purchase I did notice the click on models with cruise control (My HR has it) however it is only a very small click. I tested a few none GT zeds and there were a couple that still had the audible click, and it sounded louder than my HR's