odd comment

garygranite

Not strange really.

He's presuming it's a fast car with a big engine and therefore coming to the conclusion that it uses a lot of fuel.

Don't know why you've stated its fuel economy is no different to any other car.

So a 350Z has the same fuel consumption as a 1.5 DCi Renault Clio?

:-)

Not strange really.

He's presuming it's a fast car with a big engine and therefore coming to the conclusion that it uses a lot of fuel.

perhaps he meant that if you drive it like you stole it, it'll use more fuel, like any other car. But i have read on here somewhere that some members have managed to get just short of 40mpg from their zed on a good run. Which i think is quite incredible :)

I'd say quite impossible. Anyone who has managed it should flog themselves for buying a Zed and driving it like that on purpose.

I won't get more than 15mpg out of mine, of that you can be sure. :)

The S2000 used to get me the worst petrol station comments.

"Nice car, has it tried to kill you yet?"

"Ooooh, I heard those are deathtraps"

"You have to be a racing driver to survive a year with one of those!"

If that seems strange to you, come drive one in Greece and you'll see what they mean. It's not such a strange comment to make, they are bloody dangerous on our roads (because of the roads as much as the car, it's just an unsuitable combination of slippery roads and very twitchy handling), but it's very morbid to constantly hear that people are surprised you have survived more than a few months of ownership.

Not strange really.

perhaps he meant that if you drive it like you stole it, it'll use more fuel, like any other car. But i have read on here somewhere that some members have managed to get just short of 40mpg from their zed on a good run. Which i think is quite incredible :)

38 mpg over 90 miles and 35 over 500 miles in my 370 earlier this year, no one was more surprised than me. Actually beat a 197 clio on economy after working it out.
  • Like 1

Not strange really.

38 mpg over 90 miles and 35 over 500 miles in my 370 earlier this year, no one was more surprised than me. Actually beat a 197 clio on economy after working it out.

You must have an uncanny natural talent for driving conservatively! I have the exact opposite, I mash the throttle everywhere, want to hear my car. lol

• Like 1

Driving back from the opticians yesterday (4pm dusk-no sun) wearing old prescription sunglasses, some guy shouts out, "Can you see the sun.....you're wearing sunglasses!!"

"Dog ate my glasses" I shouted.

I guess he thought I was a tit, trying to look super cool

I average about 31 mpg on my commute. Mainly city driving and A roads. However there's speed cameras most of the way limiting me to 30/40/50.

I avoid flooring it unless I know that the road ahead is clear. No point mashing the throttle just to stomp on the brakes in a few seconds. In fact, I hardly ever use my brakes at all, I just coast when I need to slow down / stop.

On motorways I get 40-50 mpg. Generally, acceleration and twisties are fun, not speed, so unless I'm gonna blast about at 130+, I'm happy to stick to the speed limit on motorways.

So yeh, my driving overall is pretty conservative, but it just makes the times I do put my foot down and have some fun all the more special.