Zed Identification question please

stanski

Well based upon how long it took for my fan belt perhaps rather than let it rust away due to a bang or something they put an 06 front end on ;)

And yes my 07 has the same front end as the piccy above with the bit missing in the middle.

Also is that the new grey for 07? If so then they must have colour matched any new front bumper surely?

Also is that the new grey for 07? If so then they must have colour matched any new front bumper surely?

YEs thats the new grey for 07 but and I noticed it at the time when I was there but you can notice it when I looked at the piccy with my mobbie the colour is defo off on shade on the bonnet for example. I dunno maybe there is a glut of old front Zed bumpers swiling around the networks?

Like when Audi dealers stick top end TT alloys on boggo saloons to shift the metal - Nissan erm seem to be going backwards! Oh I might just soddin phone them tomorrow and just ask! :dry:

Na I wont Martin wants his commission so I must buy the one up his neck of the woods - at least its the same parts as fitted from the factory? :lol:

YEs thats the new grey for 07 but and I noticed it at the time when I was there but you can notice it when I looked at the piccy with my mobbie the colour is defo off on shade on the bonnet for example. I dunno maybe there is a glut of old front Zed bumpers swiling around the networks?

Like when Audi dealers stick top end TT alloys on boggo saloons to shift the metal - Nissan erm seem to be going backwards! Oh I might just soddin phone them tomorrow and just ask! :dry:

Na I wont Martin wants his commission so I must buy the one up his neck of the woods - at least its the same parts as fitted from the factory? :lol:

Buy it bud, it will ease the pain for me. i will even pay yiur tain fare :lol:

Its really a fantastic car. B)

did some cursory web insurance quotes ..........

full no claims fully comp etc etc

Ragtop GT model 07 - 20K miles value say £27K - £1280

Same spec but Coupe £800!!! Wots all that about robbin bar-tenders!

Phoning NFU tomorrow to see what they say - always good for me the past .

Oh plus £400 tax - double Bar tenders oh and tyres every 100 miles ...

Looks likes temp diversion to MR2 roadster again till I get some cash saved and watch the economy for next few months? :wacko::unsure:

did some cursory web insurance quotes ..........

full no claims fully comp etc etc

Ragtop GT model 07 - 20K miles value say £27K - £1280

Same spec but Coupe £800!!! Wots all that about robbin bar-tenders!

Phoning NFU tomorrow to see what they say - always good for me the past .

Oh plus £400 tax - double Bar tenders oh and tyres every 100 miles ...

Looks likes temp diversion to MR2 roadster again till I get some cash saved and watch the economy for next few months? :wacko::unsure:

N Union £400 with mods ;)

Ok decided to phone them - and asked the question why an old bumper on the new model?

That reg plate is genuine N55 SSN - its the bosses car apparently and it came with that bumper from the factory (it is the new 07 model)

I mentioned that I was looking at a picture of the same car off their website with the new bumper and ..well silence - 'oh I dont know sir .... would you like to book a test drive?'

I made my excuses and left - thanks forum dude and dudessess! :teeth:

Information is power!

Avoid! :dry:

Caught them at it, nicely done! Little report to NMGB maybe.....??

Yeah would be a nice little number on them but do we honestly think NMGB would give a damn - they would probably rather it was brushed under the proverbial carpet I expect. These bods can wiggle out of stuff cleaner than Gordon Brown and smell roses! ;)

Example - NMGB had released Xtrail in 05 in a groovy pale blue - I bought one (my lovely Rex was traded in - sniff) ok so they only must have made 4 in that colour - I needed a touch up paint can - 3 weeks of various phone calls to dealers and NMGB - but to no avail - they decided to quietly slip the colour out of production and not tell anybody and not make any touch up paint for after sales either - thats not good for a global company is it? General customer service was pants both from NMGB and all the dealers I phoned? Oh well we have all had this sort of experience. I really do think this country excells in this stuff dont you? :wacko:

My quest will continue there is a Zed with my name on it and I will find one at the right price just need to let the bills settle for a bit and save a few pennies first - thanks again folks great work as always! :thumbs:

Anyway very long strides well past it , £27K is a lot of cash for this lump.

Too true, I've got an 06 GT Pack Roadster in Grey with 9k for £23,995. And mine is all original with the correct front bumper :thumbs:

That one.

Check out the Glens website or PM Dan for more info.

Got a mate who sells houses too Stan Its still there

If Chorley Nissan sold houses the bricks would be from another builders house the roof from a Caravan, the windows from a ship and the garden like Steptoes back yard - but it would be nicely presented and spotlessly clean! :lol:

Whys it not selling Martin? Bet the panels are from a 1979 Blubird cunningly reshaped to fit the zed and resprayed - probably supplied by Chorley Nissan! :lol: