Steering wheel controls peeling

leebottrill

Paint/Dip/Wrap the panels and find a company to provide stickers for the controls (if you've got a DE, on a HR the control labels are on the buttons so it shouldn't matter).

Its something I've been meaning to do for a while. If you find somebody to provide stickers it may be worth doing a group buy.

I think you need transfers rather than stickers though.

You can get second hand ones from plenty of traders on here, new ones would be from Nissan.

I think this is what you need in terms of transfers: http://www.approved.co.uk/StandardDryTransfers.html

~£50 for an A4 sheet +£15 delivery!, you could probably fit 50 on a sheet. It might be something I think of doing over the winter (but don't depend on me...), the place I linked to is 20 minutes away from me so I could cut out the delivery charge.

Edited by Randy_Baton
  • Like 1

I just took mine off and sent them to aquagraphix for hydro dipping - mind you am doing the whole interior (centre console grab handle strut brace gear surround vents etc.) - I will put pictures up when I take delivery next week :D

Thank Randy I will take a look around for some advice first, pretty confident with doing my own work so will give it a go.

When you say security screws any heads up on what to expect so I can prepare, is there a special bit I need?

Unfortunately so, the airbag is secured with some kind of special anti-tamper bolt that you wont have a bit to fit unless you purchased one. A lot of faff involved for something as simple as removing the plastic surround around the buttons :angry:

I think this is the bugger: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Bag-Module-Bolt-Anti-Theft-Bolt-Drivers-Side-NISSAN-OEM-999L2AL000-/191219045544

Thank Randy I will take a look around for some advice first, pretty confident with doing my own work so will give it a go.

When you say security screws any heads up on what to expect so I can prepare, is there a special bit I need?

Unfortunately so, the airbag is secured with some kind of special anti-tamper bolt that you wont have a bit to fit unless you purchased one. A lot of faff involved for something as simple as removing the plastic surround around the buttons :angry:

I think this is the bugger: http://www.ebay.com/...0-/191219045544

Cool, thanks for this..

yeah what a ball ache.