VQ35DE rebuild WHERE?

Spatt

Hi matt, that sounds good, he does sound fairly knowledgeable, let me know what you find out, I'd head over but he is about 3hrs away. But it's good that he is willing to show you the premises.

Maybe if we could get a group discount that would be ace

Hi matt, that sounds good, he does sound fairly knowledgeable, let me know what you find out, I'd head over but he is about 3hrs away. But it's good that he is willing to show you the premises.

Maybe if we could get a group discount that would be ace

haha i'll certainly mention it!

On a serious note, if hes as good as he says he is and the work is good maybe he should come and join the forum... i'm surprised at how many people are looking at rebuilds i thought i was the only one :blush: might be worth him getting involved there could be a lot of business there

I'm planning on a trip up in the next couple of weeks

I have a place near me in Trafford Park Manchester that do engine rebuilds and ive already been to see them though i was slightly put off after my visit (now a last resort i think)

You tried Jez @ Horsham?

Hey Stu, Any more info on that? I'm speaking to as many as i can at the moment

cheers,

Matt

Forum trader http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/141-horsham-developments/

I must admit I've only used them for a few small items, nothing like a rebuild, but I've only heard excellent reports from people who've had supercharging and the like done there. Miles away from you but defo worth a shot.

Good luck mate.

• Like 1

H-dev or abbey would be my number one choice if I had that kind of cash available.

I'm in northwest too, very limited in people that are willing to go near the vq. Spoke to redmans engines and Paul Gardner engineering. Redmans, they will both be able to do it they reckon, but couldn't get a price as redmans main man is on hols til next week and Paul Gardner said he can't price it up till he's stuck in there.

Just spoke to a guy called Sol at EUROJAP engines in manchester. He said it wouldn't be a problem and I'd be looking at 2500+vat for a rebuild. Would involve a strip, measurements etc, order new parts and fit including remove/reinstall engine. Would take 2-3 weeks to complete. He also said I'm welcome to come view the workshop and look at current jobs that they are undertaking, before opting for them to do the job, which sounds promising.

If anyone is local to Manchester it would be ace if you could drop by and check them out, maybe a group rebuild for lower prices?

Edited by Fen

I always question companies that can offer a fixed price on rebuilds before the engine is stripped, inspected and measured , only then can you tell what parts are going to need replacement.

Exactly! But if they detail what they will expect to change for the price then you should be fine as long as they say what issues the engine has and what needs to be done to fix/improve it.

Just spoke to a guy called Sol at EUROJAP engines in manchester. He said it wouldn't be a problem and I'd be looking at 2500+vat for a rebuild. Would involve a strip, measurements etc, order new parts and fit including remove/reinstall engine. Would take 2-3 weeks to complete. He also said I'm welcome to come view the workshop and look at current jobs that they are undertaking, before opting for them to do the job, which sounds promising.

If anyone is local to Manchester it would be ace if you could drop by and check them out, maybe a group rebuild for lower prices?

Fen,

I've been down to see them but not sure if i'm going to go with them as an option.they're 20 mins from me and seem a great set of guys. Said he would throw a load of parts on for me too but just not sure... the workshop seems a little unequipped.

They obviously do a lot of machine work in house and they seem to know what they are doing and know the tolerances but th workshops a little cluttered and cant help but feel they might loose something. They also seem to handball a lot of heavy stuff on FLT :wacko:

Pay them a visit if your considering it buddy ;)

Matt

Just thought - Ken at R.E Performance in Bury will do it. Good prices too.

He's done some work for me. Honest and fair. Always got Supras and other high performance jap cars in.

I'll call these guys today, I had a bad experience with them a while ago though I may visit them tomorrow morning and have a chat with the guys and see how they are with me

I always question companies that can offer a fixed price on rebuilds before the engine is stripped, inspected and measured , only then can you tell what parts are going to need replacement.

Exactly! But if they detail what they will expect to change for the price then you should be fine as long as they say what issues the engine has and what needs to be done to fix/improve it.

I agree with what your saying the company i work for is the same, we strip down blowers and repair them...

however, i can give the customer a budget price and i can let them know what i intend to change / replace. whats consumable parts and i can also tell them what sort of costs they might expect if it needs, machine work, additional parts ect

I have fobbed off loads of companies who wont give me a price, no point in them stripping my engine down and then saying "oh yeh its going to be 8 grand to rebuild" (I wont tell you who quoted me that but i have been quoted 8K for a rebuild) !

yes that was me, was looking at getting a second hand motor, but have now decided to get another vehicle an sell the car as is,I have just listed it on ebay, im gutted because the rest of the car is mint but I don't have the time, space or the resources to sort it out, I have taken It off the road for the mo, as I don't want to possibly make things worse but I need a daily driver for getting to work.

How did you get on with Ken?

I'm going to see him on Sat (i was supposed to be going Sat just gone but was out for my mothers birthday and too much wine was consumed) :lol:

I sounds like he'll be able to do it and the money seems good too though we only briefly discussed it, hopefully if all goes well with my meeting with him next Sat i'll get the work done with them. cheers for the heads up on that one dude

I'm going to see him on Sat (i was supposed to be going Sat just gone but was out for my mothers birthday and too much wine was consumed) :lol:

I sounds like he'll be able to do it and the money seems good too though we only briefly discussed it, hopefully if all goes well with my meeting with him next Sat i'll get the work done with them. cheers for the heads up on that one dude

No worries.

I'm getting my bottom end fitted there.

No worries.

What's he roughly charging if don't mind me asking? Is it drive in drive out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries.

He said 1000 quid. Drive in drive out. But I'm gonna keep an additional 1000 quid aside for unexpected costs.

Been quoted 8 to 10k for labour slone in a few places just to fit the bottom end.

No worries.

He said 1000 quid. Drive in drive out. But I'm gonna keep an additional 1000 quid aside for unexpected costs.

Been quoted 8 to 10k for labour slone in a few places just to fit the bottom end.

thats ridiculous!

He said i would be looking at 2.5 to 3k so right on the money for me... so long as it doesn't start going north of 3.5k i'll be going with them,, they;re right down the road from me