[SOLD]Track car - MX5 MK2.5 supercharged

grahamc

After almost 2 years of ownership of this awesome little car, the time has come to sell it. Missus and I are splitting so all cars are being sold.

Its a 52 plate MX5 mk2.5 Arizona (so comes with a decent diff) with about 75k miles on the clock. The car was bought completely stock and all the mods have been done while I owned the car. Its been great fun on track and I will be sad to see it go. The car is currently running 200bhp with the supercharger.

The car was detailed about 6 months ago

Modifications:-

Engine

-Supercharger kit fitted by Skuzzle

-Fuel injectors

-Intercooler

-Oil cooler

-ME221 ECU

-Cold air intake

-engine mounts have been changed as well

Transmission

-Flyin Miata clutch and flywheel kit

Handling

-15" Rota wheels in green

-Yoko AD08 tyres

-TR Lane rollbar

-MeisterR ZetaS suspension

Brakes

-Braided lines

-Uprated brake fluid

-Jass brake stopper

Exterior

-Black hard top roof

-Tow strap

Interior

-Sparco Sprint V seats (have some additonal padding for lumber support)

-TRS 4 point harnesses

-drift style steering wheel

-Centre console has been trimmed as I kept catching it with my elbow on track

-USB single DIN headunit

In its current state of tune, this car is immense on track! The only cars that got passed me were an Audi R8 V10 and my mate in a GTR chasing said R8. I was overtaking C63 AMG mercs, supercharged jags, etc. On track it is just awesome!

The history of the car can be found here:-

http://www.mx5nutz.c...c=175297&page=1

The car has service history and has been serviced by me, but I will need to confirm exactly when.

Overall condition of the car is very good, some minor marks, but only as can be expected for a car of this age. The headlights are not the best. Underside of the car looked very good with no rust.

The car is currently at Skuzzle having some minor work done and a remap on to vpower, as previously it was standard unleaded. I will need to get the car MOTd, but that will be done before sale.

Price - £4500

DSC_3330_zps3ujhbh5l.jpg

DSC_3726_zpscastspdr.jpg

DSC_4304_zpslm3u6kne.jpg

• Like 1

hmmmm must resist, this would be way better than the s2000 I was considering buying, cheaper too.

just out of interest, is that 200whp or estimated 200 at the crank?

Estimated at crank

I looked at s2000s before going supercharged ;) and after some research many MX5 owners go S2000, then come back and put an SC/turbo on a MX5. Its an awesome little track machine!

Your either a very good driver or the Merc & Jag drivers are shite. I used to own a MK3.5 MX5, had it set up at Roddisons (4 wheel laser alignment) and kept up with a turbo MK2.5 MX5 around Blyton Park, granted it was 189bhp but not a huge difference from yours spec wise.

MX5 does handle well but not in the same league as a C63 AMG Merc.

absolutely, a well sorted MX5 will be streets ahead of a C63 round a circuit, thats what you meant right? ;)

a c63 will be fast along the straights. and thats it. slow on the brakes because it weighs the best part of two tonnes, slow through the corners because it'll be on road tyres, and have so much torque if you even look at the throttle funny it will go sideways.

• Like 2

C63 Amg weighs 1685kgs so nowhere near 2 ton, almost the same as a Z weight wise, 4ltr V8 Bi-Turbo with 475bhp 510flb of torque in standard trim and an extremely clever rear diff and multi link axle to get the power down, rear tyres are huge, brakes have phenomenal stopping power, both cars with equally good drivers the C63 would win hands down unless it was round a go-kart track !

Please remember guys that this is Grahams for sale thread and not a topic necessarily for discussions on unless you're interested in buying the vehicle.

Also Graham stated that he had over taken C63 AMG mercs, supercharged Jags etc on track. He was stating a fact.

Just let me know Graham if you want any posts deleted or hidden. GLWTS. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Please remember guys that this is Grahams for sale thread and not a topic necessarily for discussions on unless you're interested in buying the vehicle.

Also Graham stated that he had over taken C63 AMG mercs, supercharged Jags etc on track. He was stating a fact.

Just let me know Graham if you want any posts deleted or hidden. GLWTS. :thumbs:

No worries, leave it as is - thanks

I was at cadwell park a couple of months ago in my 355bhp 370z nismo and their was 2 mx5's their god know what they where running but they drove past me on the straights like i was standing still. Great track wepon !

• Like 1