Now Here's a Surprise.

Bandit

1. Nissan GT-R (2009-2016)

Reliability Index: 626 This is it: the least reliable car in the UK, according to Warranty Direct. Or is it? Look at the data and you’ll discover a blemish-free record for air conditioning, cooling, fuel system and transmission, and figures for engine, electrics and gearbox that are no worse, if not better, than the other 49 cars on the list. The problem is the average cost of repair, which comes in at an eyebrow-raising £3,516.01. Worse still, the average mileage of the Nissan GT-Rs surveyed was just 21,690.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/ownership/revealed-the-uk%e2%80%99s-least-reliable-cars/ss-AAjcbzw?li=BBoPWjQ

Edited by Bandit

That is surprising!

Supercar performance, supercar bills!, not so surprising though. Yet most owners on here would claim running costs to be 'reasonable'. So what causes this eye watering average cost of repair, if as it seems, most things score high on reliability!?!?

When I attended the GTR/370 Nismo meet arranged by Nobles of Edinburgh a few years back, the biggest complaint from GTR owners was the service costs, especially the P2 (£800 if IRC) and P3. I would expect this for any 'super car', but maybe not a Nissan 'super car'.

Lots of German cars with 3 Porsche variants, think the Boxter is well reported on but the 911, that was a surprise, to me at least.

• Like 1