What is the chance of getting my niggle fixed..

Toon Chris

It's a bit of a hypothetical as I`m going to ask Nissan to fix them anyway but:

1) Drivers door hinge pin has dropped resulting in drivers door sagging slightly. More cosmetic than anything but its about half a centimetre.

2) n/s windscreen squirter pipe has spring a leak just under the bonnet lip. Looks fiddly to fix!

3) Phone system can only recognise one name! (microphone pooped?)

Ok so its not exactly a stuffed gearbox problem but it all costs money. What do you think of the chances of a warranty fix, especially the door hinge?

but if its a mechanical problem thats caused the damage to the bodywork then it should be fixed!!! argue your case pal!!! b&$tards will try get out of doing anything!!!! :rant:

There isn't any damage as such, it is just that the door has sagged slightly. It drops a bit less than 1cm when it is opened and so clunks loudly when closed.

I`ll give it another try with the dealers rather than on the phone to Nissan.

The guy also argued for a while that bluetooth wasn't covered by the warranty as it was an aftermarket fitment until I finally got it through to him that it was the phone system itself that was the problem. He still wasn't sure that the phone system was covered so I explained that a system with buttons built into the steering wheel was NOT aftermarket !

but if its a mechanical problem thats caused the damage to the bodywork then it should be fixed!!! argue your case pal!!! b&$tards will try get out of doing anything!!!! :rant:

There isn't any damage as such, it is just that the door has sagged slightly. It drops a bit less than 1cm when it is opened and so clunks loudly when closed.

The guy also argued for a while that bluetooth wasn't covered by the warranty as it was an aftermarket fitment until I finally got it through to him that it was the phone system itself that was the problem. He still wasn't sure that the phone system was covered so I explained that a system with buttons built into the steering wheel was NOT aftermarket !

Don't forget to tell us who the dealer is - definitely one to avoid :dry:

In relation to the door issue you might want to check the window is still clearing the frame - i.e. that the in-built drop when closing the door is still doing its job OK ;)

Suggest you try another dealer ;)

:lol: The people some dealers employ really are complete spacktards.

As for the door dropping, see if the dealer will at least adjust it back for you FoC...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so the windscreen washer pipe has been replaced (wohoo :dry:).

ESR reckon that I need both hinges replacing on the drivers side - Nissan do not want to know. :dry::dry:

It's mor of the inconvenience than anything as it shouldn't be all that pricey, but I want to spend my money on shiny bits not on dropped hinges caused by some previous owner leaning on the door too hard.

Phone - who knows. I think I will have to investigate this myself. Anyone know how to get to the microphone? I can't see an obvious way in and don't want to force it if there is a simple way?

• 3 months later...

That driver door hinge thing is happening to mine too. It's slightly dropped just as you say. It's so annoying when driving above 50-60mph, I can hear the wind whistling into it as if the window was slightly open.

Also when the window IS slightly open (say, 4cm), and I hit a bump the window kind of rattles. Slightly worrying...