Introduction/// rattle when rev match downshifting

B16

Hi guys, long time lurker. Non-poster until now as the search function works pretty well!

I bought my zed in may this year (orange 04 with 67k) and it's all been roses. She's had fresh front pads, an oil change and 2 rears in 9k miles.

It was Jap-show at santa pod this weekend so headed down for the first time with my pal in his r33 gtst and did 3 runs. My best was a 14.6 1/4 mile at 97mph, no problems and I took 2/3 runs ðŸ˜

But this evening I was driving home from the gym, downshifted and heard a strange rattling almost like a loose exhaust heat shield but it's only when the clutch is down and it sounds asthough it's coming from the little ashtray behind the shifter. 🤔 (don't think it's clutch chatter/realise bearing noise) and it's more noticeable above 3-4K rpms

Just wanted to say hi and ask for some advice and to hear if anyone else has experienced something similar really.

Thanks

Ross

1fe843ceada22254217d2d45d246fa21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my 04 DE does this to.

had it in for MOT today and asked the mech to check for anything loose while he was there .

couldn't find the cause and mines more noticeable on hard deceleration .driving steady below 3k and slowing slowly it doesnt seem to do it

Thanks guys. I made a new account as I never got a verification email before so couldn't post. But hopefully I'll be more active now.

Wilo - I'll have listen on decel and see if I can notice it. I'll try and get the car up on the ramps at work and check it out. Not the signs of a failing clutch/gearbox then? How long has your car been making the noise? As it's definitely new to my car :(

Cheers for the warm welcome guys

Thanks guys. I made a new account as I never got a verification email before so couldn't post. But hopefully I'll be more active now.

Wilo - I'll have listen on decel and see if I can notice it. I'll try and get the car up on the ramps at work and check it out. Not the signs of a failing clutch/gearbox then? How long has your car been making the noise? As it's definitely new to my car :(

Cheers for the warm welcome guys

only had my car since june mate and its always been there .its more noticeable since having the resonator removed from my decat milltek exhaust system so no heat sheilds causing the problem. iv also checked the back box for rotten baffels etc but that's fine too .im thinking clutch or gear box ....hoping its not the latter tbh