which quick detailer

wilo

hey guy's ..im sick of buying the tiny 500ml simoniz quick detailer from halfords every 2 weeks .

any suggestions where i can buy a 5l bulk tub and also which brand to go for .

dnt want anything stupidly priced as is for WV2 paint work and doesnt seem to gloss up like other colour cars iv used it on .tia

* iv tried dodo juice but found it no better than simoniz stuff on my shade of silver/grey

The best i have tried (and i have tried most) is Sonax brilliant shine detailer...

It is quite awesome...

Followed closely by 50 cal stealth detailer.... Which can be bought cheaply in 5 lt tub..... Comes with a free bottle that has a great spray nozzle on.

The best i have tried (and i have tried most) is Sonax brilliant shine detailer...

It is quite awesome...

Followed closely by 50 cal stealth detailer.... Which can be bought cheaply in 5 lt tub..... Comes with a free bottle that has a great spray nozzle on.

hah cheers pal ..was just actually looking at sonax on ebay but wasn't sure if it would make the silver pop more than halfrauds stuff

It is superb and gives great beading and water sheeting....

Euro car parts sell it too...... When the deals are on you can get it for £6 and pennies a bottle delivered....

Insanely cheap..

wow its £35 on ebay so might check out euro car parts first .might try that snow foam stuff aswell before detailing as heard its a good combo

bought some sonax ...wow completely different to simoniz ...if you do anymore than one panel at a time it dries like concrete :(

found this out to my detriment and had to go over with the cheap stuff to get it off.

You're using too much.

Also BSD isn't really a QD, so it's better to treat it, and use it, as a spray sealant.

Use it sparingly, small sections at a time, spray onto the cloth, wipe overy the panel and buff immediately. You should be doing this with any QD anyway though.

Simoniz however is just sh*t. Almost anything (almost!) will be better. Bouncers Done and Dusted is by far the best I've tried myself, that said I'm not a huge fan of QD's in general anyway.

• Like 1

bought some sonax ...wow completely different to simoniz ...if you do anymore than one panel at a time it dries like concrete :(

found this out to my detriment and had to go over with the cheap stuff to get it off.

It's grabby as ****. I tend to spritz it on the wet panel and then towel dry as normal to avoid this, you still get nice protection.

When it runs out and if you have a pressure washer and want something dead simple to use, with good protection results, forget the QD and go for Gyeon Wet Coat.

It works by magic.

Edit: I also like EcoTouch Quick Wax - a total doddle to use.

https://www.eco-touch.co.uk/collections/car-care-products/products/quick-wax

• Like 2