Banana arm bushes

Fluke

How easy is it to replace the Banana arm bushes? I've done loads of suspension work on my cars in the past, but have never had to replace bushes. Is it a DIY job with a 6 tonne press and a few sockets?

Edited by Fluke

Very easy to change, however when the bush fails, the arm usually drops down and rests on the lower frame.

Would the one pictured be able to be levered down with a bit of wd40 to help it? I'm at work at the moment and need to drive the car home.

Very easy to change, however when the bush fails, the arm usually drops down and rests on the lower frame.

This..

I took my Z round to my mechanic today with a replacement bush. He was knocking on 10 mins later saying he'll need to drop part of the rear subframe & to have a look with him. I agreed & left him to it. An hour or so later the Z was back & the fee was £35 for the job & I supplied the part. No more knocking. Oddly the previous owner had replaced the o/s arm with a new one, but I'm northern...