Injen Cold Air Intake System

Fluke

I want to swap out my air box on my 2003 350z. I had a look at the pop chargers and they seem ideal apart from sucking in hot air as the engine bay warms up, so now I find myself drawn to CAI like the Injen or the AEM.

Does anyone have either one fitted and would like to share their thoughts on CAI?

Why do you want one Fluke?

Is it just for some engine bling or are you after more performance or is it just for some extra noise?

When I first had my Zed I bought a Stillen CAI kit as a compromise between the OEM air box and an open cone induction kit as I wanted a performance intake without the risk of loads of heat soak which the Stillen kit does fulfill but tbh I was a little disappointed although purely because I was expecting more noise.

55_zps5e177c07.jpg

Personally if I had to do it over again I would probably just do the flyboy 2006 velocity stack mod ( http://www.350z-uk.c...-in-stock-2015/ ) and put a performance panel filter in the OEM air box, ...OR if I really had to have an induction kit for a bit of engine bay bling then just go the cheaper route of a pop charger (rrp £145) albeit suffering some heatsoak at times I'm sure.

As I'm more performance orientated with my mods then it would definitely be the 2006 velocity stack mod & the performance panel filter though. ;)

Engine bay bling and noise. I've read that a few extra bhp from the velocity stack mod wont make a noticeable difference. I thought that getting a CAI system would be the best of both worlds, cooler air getting into the engine and a bit of roar under load.

I will be ordering Cobra HFC's and an Ark system come payday on Wednesday, especially as its also my Birthday.

Engine bay bling and noise. I've read that a few extra bhp from the velocity stack mod wont make a noticeable difference. I thought that getting a CAI system would be the best of both worlds, cooler air getting into the engine and a bit of roar under load.

I will be ordering Cobra HFC's and an Ark system come payday on Wednesday, especially as its also my Birthday.

Okay I see but as evest mentions you probably won't hear the intake over the exhaust so probably better spending money elsewhere unless you really want the CAI for some added bling under the bonnet.

Oh and I totally agree that with the velocity stack mod you won't notice any difference, I only mentioned it if chasing numbers was your game as it may give 1 or 2 more on a dyno over stock but definitely nothing noticeable. ;)

I've got an Injen CAI on mine and can here it over my motordyne xtd2 system at some points in the rev range.

Bear in mind that if it's a dayley driver with the UK weather the filter will take a battering so it's worth fitting a hydroshield over the filter.

Hydroshield?

A hydroshield AKA hydro sock is a waterproof/resistant "shield" which goes over an air filter to prevent water from being drawn through the filter whilst still allowing air to be drawn through. ;)

CAI-1.jpg

Thanks. :thumbs: That looks like it would hinder air going into the filter.

Heatsoak is pretty much negated by the 100 litres or air flying into the engine bay every second when driving at the national speed limit. The only time you MAY be slightly affected is if you're at traffic lights for a period of time, but then once you're moving again, it'll be cool air.

• Like 1