Steering Wheel Fascia

Conlonl

I've done this mate. I believe wrapping it can be done with them in place but I don't have the skills or tools for that! I don't think you can pry them off - can't quite remember but I believe they are screwed in from behind. Personally I took the whole steering wheel off and dismantled it - worth it though as it is much easier to then get the wrapping right. Just make sure you put it back on straight!

It's pretty straightforward to remove the steering but you will need a security torx bit to remove it - I can check the size later but you can get a little set from screwfix for about £5.00.

I managed to wrap it without taking them off. I looked into it and I am pretty sure you are looking at removing the steering wheel to get them off. Wrapping in situ is fine, just use a squegee (and I used a trim removal tool as it has an angled end for tucking the wrap) and place the wrap over the top.

photo3-4.jpg

Cheers guys, good effort doing it whilst on the steering wheel, i dont fancy that myself no where near confident enough an also like to use a hairdryer for heat and cant get one to my car, the taking the steering wheel off also sounds a bit scary, are there any step by step instructions here on how to do that

PM me you're email address mate and I'll send you some info (might be Sunday/Monday before I can sort it). Don't worry about taking the steering wheel off - it's very easy as long as you have the torx security bit and basic sockets/screwdriver.

I've got a pair of hydro dipped ones in Mcarbon back at the unit.

You can buy them and save yourself the hassle :-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

How much are those could you pm me a picture?

Will do when I get back. Just a thought...is yours a GT? These are from a boggo with no cruise control

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk