Thick as thieves ...... Or just Thick Thieves

d95gas

When the Audi TT first came out my friend got one.

One evening door bell rings.

He opens the door to a gun in his face.

Guys barge in.

Beat him up.

Gather all the valuables in the house.

Tie up his girlfriend while making him go out with one of them on a spending spree at cash machines andoff licences using his cards.

Return him home and take his TT!

Dumbass ring leader was caught next day driving said TT through town, wearing my mates leather jacket with his wallet, ID and cards inside.

Bear in mind the TT had only just been released and stood out like lighthouse beacon on Manchester roads.

• Like 1

Addicts need help. Shame there isnt a drug you can administer that wipes out ALL addiction.

That said i do f'&ing hate thieves.

Brand new YZ250 of mine nabbed one night. Was physically ill.

Whats more i said id meet him somewhere erring on the side of caution and using common sense. They called back while i was out and my dad gave them everything including the colour of the garage door.

Doh.

Addicts need help. Shame there isnt a drug you can administer that wipes out ALL addiction.

There is its called cyanide.. :thumbs:

• Like 1

That said i do f'&ing hate thieves.

Brand new YZ250 of mine nabbed one night. Was physically ill.

Whats more i said id meet him somewhere erring on the side of caution and using common sense. They called back while i was out and my dad gave them everything including the colour of the garage door.

Doh.

There is its called cyanide.. :thumbs:

Great let's use euphanasia against anyone who doesn't fit into 'normal' in society while we are at it.

addiction is a horrible thing, who knows what circumstances someone's been driven to it?

I agree the legal system is weak as far as sentencing but what folks in this thread are advocating is essentially sharia law, chop their hands off... if they keep doing it then execute them.... just a different perspective to look through ;)

As for the OP I hope the thieves do get their comeuppance and an appropriate sentence, while they are at it let's hope the reform system actually helps them back into 'normal' society but both of those are sadly highly unlikely.

I just think we all probably know someone who is either close to an addiction of some kind or fighting it, I'd like to think I'd get some help and support from my close friends and family Ina similar position.

P.s I think with age I've really mellowed. :lol:

• Like 1

I am an addict, cigarettes, its just fortunate my addiction allows me to function normally, but knowing what being an addict is like, I thank my stars its not something far far worse.

Thankfully your addiction has a legal supply chain and is regulated in some way.

Wasn't a pop

At TT350 by the way, I can tell his post was meant with good intentions and bandits response I think was very tongue in cheek or at least I'd hope so.

I have an addictive personality myself and fortunately it's not been anything that could alter my mental state or drive me to crime to feed it. Mine believe it or not is gaming, consoles etc. I think most of us have a habit of some form, we are just fortunate.

I am an addict, cigarettes, its just fortunate my addiction allows me to function normally, but knowing what being an addict is like, I thank my stars its not something far far worse.

Thankfully your addiction has a legal supply chain and is regulated in some way.

Wasn't a pop

At TT350 by the way, I can tell his post was meant with good intentions and bandits response I think was very tongue in cheek or at least I'd hope so.

I have an addictive personality myself and fortunately it's not been anything that could alter my mental state or drive me to crime to feed it. Mine believe it or not is gaming, consoles etc. I think most of us have a habit of some form, we are just fortunate.

Sorry I didn't mean to upset anybody on here, it was meant as a light hearted comment, but maybe not in good taste, I apologise if I have upset anybody. :sorry:

Little update to bring a smile. As you know they left the boxes for the mobiles and I was able to use the IMEI to register them on the stolen database. So 2 of the three phones now showed up in different shops, and the hard drives that were stolen have shown up in a local Computer Shop.

The smackheads were given an early morning wakeup call by the boys in blue and house turned up side down...... looking for drugs as well. Off record she coughed to everything and indicated where the items were sold and for how much for ...... the next bit had me on the floor.

The DC interviewing her then told her the value of the items she had nicked, apparantely she flipped her lid and started screaming that she'd been ripped off :D :D :D :D

She obviously had a belief that possession is 9/10ths of the law and therefore her goods to sell :lol:

Hopefully more news on getting stuff back next week after they have interviewed others and done them for "receiving"....

• Like 4

25 years or so ago someone got into my garden shed and stole my lawnmower. Not only did it not work they left behind the bag that collected the grass. I guess it saved me a trip to the council rubbish dump :) .

Pete

• Like 1

Sounds like what my parents do, when ever they have something old/broken they want rid off they leave it in the front garden and its usually gone within 24 hours. Bizarrely, when they leave a note on it along the lines of 'free to a good home' it lasts longer! Guess stuff must be more fun if you've dishonestly appropriated it.