Hi Chaps...New Z owner..

Welcome to the White GT Edition club :)

Few of us on here now.

Road noise can be intrusive, particularly on wet roads. I bought the thickest boot mat I could find which helps a little. Boot mat was around £35 (non-nissan) but had to send the company the pattern so they could make it for me. They originally listed that they sold one for 370Z but when it turned up it was for 350Z.

The marketing info for the GT Edition states that it has improved sound deadening :lol:

Welcome to the White GT Edition club :)

Few of us on here now.

Road noise can be intrusive, particularly on wet roads. I bought the thickest boot mat I could find which helps a little. Boot mat was around £35 (non-nissan) but had to send the company the pattern so they could make it for me. They originally listed that they sold one for 370Z but when it turned up it was for 350Z.

The marketing info for the GT Edition states that it has improved sound deadening :lol:

I'm thinking of doing the sound deadening panels and maybe some kind of foam in the arches... That along with a different set of tyres seems to be the best things to do.

Real shame as the cabin noise is so intrusive it is not really acceptable..

One downside to what is a great car...

I never found the road noise that bad really but i always had aftermarket exhausts, some tyres are worse than others of course. My current 370z has a piece of carpet underlay under the boot mat which the last owner put in which might be a cheap option or some dynamat or suchlike would help but its a sports car with 275 tyres at the end of the day

Yea..

Totally agree, but had loads of 2 seaters in my time,namely Z4's recently and although you will never escape noise I think that it's quite bad on the 370.

Perhaps it's because it's on the original bridgestones and them now being 4 yrs old are particularly hard?

Perhaps I'm more averse to tyre noise than I previously thought ?

Dunno.. I feel I need to do something though

Hi Neil.

I had an E34 B10..

Although i have had many E39's in various guises i never had a B10 V8. Although i very nearly bought Gary Parks B10 V8 with the plate B10 ALP on many years ago... That was as close as i got.

I help run a 5 series forum so know plenty about the V8 and V8s. They are a superb car,and on the rise price wise,just keep your eye on the rust and consumables,water system and they have been known to do the odd headgasket.

They are getting on a bit now so check that every button works,and the autobox drives smoothly.

A well cared one is a marvelous thing....One of the best cars ever built IMHO..

• Like 1

Hi Neil.

I had an E34 B10..

Although i have had many E39's in various guises i never had a B10 V8. Although i very nearly bought Gary Parks B10 V8 with the plate B10 ALP on many years ago... That was as close as i got.

I help run a 5 series forum so know plenty about the V8 and V8s. They are a superb car,and on the rise price wise,just keep your eye on the rust and consumables,water system and they have been known to do the odd headgasket.

They are getting on a bit now so check that every button works,and the autobox drives smoothly.

A well cared one is a marvelous thing....One of the best cars ever built IMHO..

Many thanks. I also get the feeling that prices have bottomed out and might be on the rise :thumbs: I also had that feeling a couple of years ago about R107 Merc SLs - I did nothing about it and they have rocketed. I sold an XK8 in the Spring - no doubt they are on the way up now :blush:

• Like 1