Winter is coming...

Suffolkz

As much as I'd love to tuck my Z away for the Winter, its a daily driver so I have to use it. Although I religiously fully warm it up and down again on each drive :)

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using Tapatalk

Some interesting articles on warm up and down procedures and why its not always a good idea in cold weather.

http://www.roadandtr...rm-up-your-car/

http://www.popularme...t-harms-engine/

Very interesting, ive always allowed mine to warm up on cold days before driving maybe just drive the thing steadily for a few miles instead?

I also always allow my car to sit and run for a few minutes once ive done a journey but thats more because ive always had turbo charged cars.

Ive bit the bullet and decided to rent a garage to tuck the Z up for the winter now.... any tips for winter storage in a garage?

Make sure the lock works? It's a mass-produced car by a common Japanese company, it doesn't need anything special doing to it if you're insistent on not using it because it's a bit nippy outside.

You're only in Norfolk, it's not exactly Sweden when it comes to winter weather :lol:

• Like 1

Make sure the lock works? It's a mass-produced car by a common Japanese company, it doesn't need anything special doing to it if you're insistent on not using it because it's a bit nippy outside.

You're only in Norfolk, it's not exactly Sweden when it comes to winter weather :lol:

haha i agree but i have a perfectly fun daily (leon cupra) so the Z only ever gets taken out for a blast on a sunny dry day when im off work as it is anyway.........

I still plan to take it out on the odd crisp dry day during the winter i can assure you!! :teeth:

I cant afford to insure 2 cars, so use my main daily all year around. Luckily we dont get much snow usually these days, but I remember one year driving home from work in my zed in the snow and realising that it had been snowing heavier & heavier the closer I got to home. Ended up following in some trucks tire marks at 30mph most of the way home. Nearly didnt get back into my road & onto the drive as I live on a hill, but managed to just about carry on enough momentum to get onto my drive (albeit sideways). Car then ended up sitting there for 2 days as I couldnt get off the drive due to the snow.

Im hoping my current daily will be a bit better with 4wd.

Winter isn't too bad in Manchester.

Over the last 11 years there have only been a handful of occasions where the Zed stays at home and I use the wife's mini or public transport.

In fact I worry more about manic Christmas shoppers dinging my Zed at shopping centres and supermarkets than getting stranded in winter.

So during the Xmas shopping season my Zed is barred from shopping/retail parks.

Lad in the building next to us a couple winters back got stuck in his new 3 series on the slight incline outside our work. After a few minutes of trying to carry on without success, he jumped out and went to his boot looking rather smug. Pulls out some snow chain and began fitting these to the car, on the front axle and then tried to move off :surrender:

• Like 3