Where to buy sim free mobile phone?

marzman

Hi all,

I'm after some advice please.

I've not had my own mobile in about 6 years as i've got a company phone. Annoyingly its an ancient iPhone 4S and i'm desperate for an upgrade. The company have said they're not going to be upgrading the phones any time soon so if i want an upgrade i should buy it myself and stick my SIM in it. :dry:

My budget is around £200-£250 to buy one SIM free.

i know little about modern phones. I've always had iphones but i fancy something different now as i HATE i tunes. My must haves are:

Big screen

Great camera

Premium build quality

I'm thinking a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 might be what i want, but an S6 Edge Plus is a really good looking phone but i think it's over budget sadly.

Now the question is - where is the best place to buy one from? I'm really reluctant to buy off eBay as i'd like a warranty. I dont mind refurbished, i just want a legit phone. Does anyone have any tips or websites on where to get the best SIM-free deals please?

Or if anyone on here's got an upgrade that they're looking to sell i could be interested. ;)

Edited by marzman

Not sure how their prices compare but I know "Game" sell used phones.

Link: http://www.game.co.uk/en/tablets-and-devices/mobile/?merchname=HomeHeader-_-tech-_-phones

I always see loads of them for sale at my local "Game" and obviously you'll have more of a come back buying from there than from eBay random sellers. ;)

Not sure how their prices compare but I know "Game" sell used phones.

Link: http://www.game.co.u..._-tech-_-phones

I always see loads of them for sale at my local "Game" and obviously you'll have more of a come back buying from there than from eBay random sellers. ;)

Yeah that's the only place i've looked really, and they seem to cost about 75% more than they do on eBay so there are definitely no bargains to be had there.

Chris, back up all your stuff and while holding it in some barbecue tongues take a blow torch or the gas hob to it. Then kick up almighty fuss at work saying it nearly burnt the house down while charging. Ask to see their liability insurance and a full record of annual safety checks done on work issued equipment. Agree not to sue on the understanding you get the phone of your choice. Simples. :lol:

Most importantly though don't implicate me in your attempt to defraud your employer or any criminal damage investigation.

Edited by leonk
  • Like 2

If only...

Sadly, we were due for new phones this year, but our company has been bought out and restructured, so approx 500+ people have left/been made redundant this year so as a result there are now hundreds of surplus phones which are being re-circulated whenever anyone needs a new one.