viezu remap vs uprev remap

wilo

hi guys i have found a company to do the servicing and plenum spacer on my 04 DE .

the company also remap but use something called viezu .

is this way of mapping as good as the nissan uprev ?

im looking for increased rev range and more low-midrange bhp/torque .

any advice appreciated as im kinda new to the mapping thing

Honestly never heard of "Viezu" and considering I've been in to modifying cars since the mid 90's I'd say that was a bad thing. :lol:

I mean I definitely don't know everything but to never have heard of a tuning company who claim to deal with so many vehicles is strange imo.

I did Google them to read up a little but from what I can tell looking at what they do it seems more like a generic map made for each car model rather than a tailored/custom map done specifically for each car taking into account the different mods each person may add.

Personally for the 350 I'd stick to the UpRev for what you want it to do (imho). :thumbs:

Honestly never heard of "Viezu" and considering I've been in to modifying cars since the mid 90's I'd say that was a bad thing. :lol:

I mean I definitely don't know everything but to never have heard of a tuning company who claim to deal with so many vehicles is strange imo.

I did Google them to read up a little but from what I can tell looking at what they do it seems more like a generic map made for each car model rather than a tailored/custom map done specifically for each car taking into account the different mods each person may add.

Personally for the 350 I'd stick to the UpRev for what you want it to do (imho). :thumbs:

thanks GM for the advice .

i may hunt for another company that can do both the work required as well as uprev remapping as the two companys i got quotes from are around the £400 mark (not inc mapping) which is double what my local garage was quoting me .

Edited by wilo

Im a bit of a numpty when it comes to spanners, I managed to put the plenum spacer in myself with a basic tool kit. Its quite do-able for the amateur and I am sure there are guides online (google motordyne) if you really want to shave a few quid off the costs.

Im a bit of a numpty when it comes to spanners, I managed to put the plenum spacer in myself with a basic tool kit. Its quite do-able for the amateur and I am sure there are guides online (google motordyne) if you really want to shave a few quid off the costs.

cheers i may do this as quoted £138 to fit the spacer. although in respect i would need to buy a torque wrench at arround £60 for a half decent one

I actually bought a torque wrench for this exact purpose, that was about 5 years ago now, used it loads since so got my moneys worth.

If you ask kindly, you might be closeby to another member on here who has done it before who might help out for beer tokens or the like - people on here tend to be good like that :)

TDi North are at a guess 2 hrs away from you wilo (very experienced guys): http://www.tdi-north.com/services/dyno-tuning-services

Heard a few people mentioning RS Tuning in Leeds which will be closer but no idea if they do UpRev as I can't see it on their site: http://www.rstuning.co.uk/

Worth a ring though. :thumbs:

I actually bought a torque wrench for this exact purpose, that was about 5 years ago now, used it loads since so got my moneys worth.

If you ask kindly, you might be closeby to another member on here who has done it before who might help out for beer tokens or the like - people on here tend to be good like that :)

hah that would be great but i think im the only 350z member in the york area .tbh iv only ever seen 3 other 350s in york since owning it so feeling a little shut off lol .

TDi North are at a guess 2 hrs away from you wilo (very experienced guys): http://www.tdi-north.com/services/dyno-tuning-services

Heard a few people mentioning RS Tuning in Leeds which will be closer but no idea if they do UpRev as I can't see it on their site: http://www.rstuning.co.uk/

Worth a ring though. :thumbs:

great ill try the leeds one tomorrow as the other is alittle far just incase they need it longer than a day .Adrian has just messaged me saying the rear disks are in early so need to get my finger out and find a company asap as its now looking like the job could be done this week now instead of next week

i am also interested to know if any one can explain......

why is my 2004 DE limited to a rev range of 6200 but the newer revup engines have a rev range of 7200.

im sure nissan has a reason for this ?

would a uprev remap inc increasing rev range possibly have a negative consequence on my engine? or is simply to do with the restricted air in the standard plenum set up why its 6200....interested on thoughts or facts

6200 rpm? Are you sure? Or is that just when the red limiter light blinks on? because you can adjust when the red limiter light can come on.

I had my 05 DE re-mapped @ Abbey and it now revs to 7100 rpm. Not sure what revving the bollocks off it will do eventually but to be honest i never rev it that high.

6200 rpm? Are you sure? Or is that just when the red limiter light blinks on? because you can adjust when the red limiter light can come on.

I had my 05 DE re-mapped @ Abbey and it now revs to 7100 rpm. Not sure what revving the bollocks off it will do eventually but to be honest i never rev it that high.

mmm i will double check as yes i do have this annoying red blinking light.

tbh i think the problem is that I came from a high reving toyota engine previously that begged to be revved and loved it and feel the zed a little restrictive in regards to its range.

also my concern is if i do get the revup remap which increases rev range ...will the enging produce more bhp/torque beyond its standard rev range ...or does it simply move the restriction further away ?

The blinking light is the shift change light, this can be changed to different levels (its in the handbook)

Yes the engine characteristics are different, but its a V6, its likely to rev differently although not likely to be any quicker across the ground. Its just the way engines are I am afraid, I would not go spending big money on parts and remap just to rev it a bit more. The flip does apply, many people driving these sorts of cars find the high revving Hondas shouty and lacking punch where you have to rev the pants off them to get them to do anything exciting - it really comes down to what you like.

The blinking light is the shift change light, this can be changed to different levels (its in the handbook)

Yes the engine characteristics are different, but its a V6, its likely to rev differently although not likely to be any quicker across the ground. Its just the way engines are I am afraid, I would not go spending big money on parts and remap just to rev it a bit more. The flip does apply, many people driving these sorts of cars find the high revving Hondas shouty and lacking punch where you have to rev the pants off them to get them to do anything exciting - it really comes down to what you like.

so fitting the spacer and having a remap is more of a placebo effect?

and dont get me wrong ...now im used to the zed i much prefer the extra v6 torque over reving the t1ts off my previous car to extract power .

im just really asking why the newer 350s have a bigger rev range and would it benefit my older DE having this extra range or would it just rev higher while making no extra power in doing so?

The earlier engines are potentially a little bit gruntier lower down whereas the later engines provided more horsepower and torque across the range. The HR was nearly a completely new engine so different redline part of the overall design.

Your plenum spacer and other mods will provide more power but only with the benefit of a custom remap to tune the engine. Plenty of dyno evidence of the improvements available on here.

I doubt it's a good idea to increase the DE rev range by too much as it wasn't designed for it and how often do you drive in the 6000-7000 range on the road? IMO best to maximise potential in the existing rev range to ensure you don't knacker your engine. Good luck!

The earlier engines are potentially a little bit gruntier lower down whereas the later engines provided more horsepower and torque across the range. The HR was nearly a completely new engine so different redline part of the overall design.

Your plenum spacer and other mods will provide more power but only with the benefit of a custom remap to tune the engine. Plenty of dyno evidence of the improvements available on here.

I doubt it's a good idea to increase the DE rev range by too much as it wasn't designed for it and how often do you drive in the 6000-7000 range on the road? IMO best to maximise potential in the existing rev range to ensure you don't knacker your engine. Good luck!

cheers evest ...thats the info iv been looking for .

i dont think i worded it correctly but now you've explained i see that yes the uprev is worth doing ...although increasing rev range might not be such a good idea especially as my girl is quite a high milage engine .

i hope i get some choices with the remap as tbh throttle responce and midrange is where it needs improving imo.

• Like 1

Pointless trying to increase the rev range of the VQ, one reason is the valve train doesn't like it, its a week point, and secondly in order to benefit from doing so you will need to spend shite loads of money you can gain perhaps 25 bhp and i little more torque with a remap and the right supporting mods, but you will never notice a big difference, just better driveability.

Pointless trying to increase the rev range of the VQ, one reason is the valve train doesn't like it, its a week point, and secondly in order to benefit from doing so you will need to spend shite loads of money you can gain perhaps 25 bhp and i little more torque with a remap and the right supporting mods, but you will never notice a big difference, just better driveability.

okay thanks Tricky guess ill leave altering the rev range when i get it mapped .

and yea iv got full miltek exhaust with decats and ramair induction so with the plenum spacer i guess thats enough light mods to get revup done

so fitting the spacer and having a remap is more of a placebo effect?

and dont get me wrong ...now im used to the zed i much prefer the extra v6 torque over reving the t1ts off my previous car to extract power .

im just really asking why the newer 350s have a bigger rev range and would it benefit my older DE having this extra range or would it just rev higher while making no extra power in doing so?

Not placebo at all, but you can easily spend £2000 on an exhaust, HFCs, spacer, remap and then find you get 5%-10% more power and a slight increase in rev range - it wont ever bring you back to the free revving Honda space, the dynamics just wont and cannot change on the V6 in that way...

i was surprised to find out that all the mods i had done to my Zed prior to it being mapped, gave me an extra 4 bhp over what it says it is on paper (276)

O.k, i concede that 4 bhp is nothing to get the DJ and beers out for but, it shows it can make a difference and that it's not just placebo.

i was surprised to find out that all the mods i had done to my Zed prior to it being mapped, gave me an extra 4 bhp over what it says it is on paper (276)

O.k, i concede that 4 bhp is nothing to get the DJ and beers out for but, it shows it can make a difference and that it's not just placebo.

what mods did you have before the remap