oil pressure at idle in my 350z auto

valy

hi guys,

something that has been bothering me over the last few weeks is the fact that when I start my 350z auto the oil pressure is at 60 psi but as the car heats up after a few minutes it drops close to 0 and it only goes up to 15 / 20 when I put my foot down (in town driving)

is this normal...or the OEM gauge is playing up?

did a bit of research already but don't seem to find an answer...

thanks

Only way to be sure is to stick a mechanical gauge on the engine, need to visit a garage for that most likely.

In all honesty, if your seeing an increase in pressure at all, it means the oil is circulating, which is all you actually care about.

I'd leave taking it to the garage until the next service or something changes (such as constant zero pressure)

Good luck :-)

• Like 1

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/99607-zed-owners-must-read-p0011-p0021-caused-by-oil-gallery-gaskets/

I would advise you to check pressure with mechanical gauge. This is also problem for VQ35 engines. These gaskets may start slowly failing/leaking over time more and more until you don't have proper pressure even when the oil is thicker (cold engine).

• Like 1

http://www.350z-uk.c...allery-gaskets/

I would advise you to check pressure with mechanical gauge. This is also problem for VQ35 engines. These gaskets may start slowly failing/leaking over time more and more until you don't have proper pressure even when the oil is thicker (cold engine).

Only the HR engine , this is a DE