Brake disc upgrade?

Kharmon

So im about due some new front discs. Befor i purchase anything i was hoping for some info on light weight floating discs. Ive been looking at the z1motorsport ones whoch claim to be 10lbs lighter than stock fronts each and the rears 5lbs lighter each so that would save 30lbs on unsprung mass in total which im guessing would make a good difference all round ? Anyone using anything similar and had positive effects ? The cost would be around £1200 from z1(sale price on front discs) after shipping and tax would it be money well spent?

The answer to your question is NO.

And to expand.

When would you notice the difference in unsprung weight ? so not much point unless you are a track day warrior running a TT set up.

Falling for the sales hype i guess 😄 they all say makes they make the front end come to life ie turn in fatster , shorter stopping and better acceleration lol. Track the car 3 to 4 times a year so not really a warrior either just thought it might be worth the extra money since im due new ones .

I find oem

Brakes on my 370 great for road and occasional track day with some good pads

Save your money mate put it towards v power it's creeping back up lol

Lol yeah i am pleased with my stopping power already tbh just have ds2500 pads in and 660 fluid works great. may just go for the sigle piece dba rotors since their isnt much price difference worth giving them a shot .

I think the T3's are a decent improvement over stock but so are the EBC Ultimax ones coupled with decent pads

Just an important note though AFAIK the UK suppliers dont make brake lines for the post 2012 370'z as they were changed from this year on, you need to get them from the US

Thanks for the top info guys as always . I'll go with the dba t3's . Jez at Horsham Developments has contacted goodridge uk about the brake lines and they are willing to help out and develop a set for my car for the same cost .

Whats everones opinion on braided lines much difference ? Do you gain stopping power or is it just feel that improves?

1. Why are you changing brake discs? If they are worn, fair enough, if not keep what you have, they are good. M standard setup with Carbon Lorraine pads felt like it was lifting the rear wheels off the ground under heavy braking, astonishing.

2. Braided lines are a must, they do improve performance as the brake pedal is more immediate.

3. Good fluid and pads are more important than discs as these are more likely to compromise performance.

1. Why are you changing brake discs? If they are worn, fair enough, if not keep what you have, they are good. M standard setup with Carbon Lorraine pads felt like it was lifting the rear wheels off the ground under heavy braking, astonishing.

2. Braided lines are a must, they do improve performance as the brake pedal is more immediate.

3. Good fluid and pads are more important than discs as these are more likely to compromise performance.

Discs are about dead 1mm on the limit . already have ds2500 pads and moutul 660 fluid . So just thought might aswell upgrade the discs as the oem ones arnt much cheaper than dba ones

• Like 1

I've fitted the Z1 fronts and fears about two months ago.

I can definitely feel a difference! 30lbs from the hubs is massive!!!

Myself and another person found that the steering became ALOT sharper. Out of all the mods I've done these have been probably the most noticeable.. it took me a while to get used to the new feel of the steering as it became so much more responsive.

I've also weighed the discs and they are true to their word with the weight loss, mine were spot on.

They are a bit pricey but I found it difficult to find another brand that's 10lbs lighter per disc at the front. However lately i have steering wobble when braking from a relatively high speed, tried different pads and it'sstill the same....

Edited by Chris Wiltshire