Which tyre sizes would you go for??

iLott

Hi guys,

So I have my new wheels on the way and really can't decide on what tyre sizes to pick. The wheels are 19x11 rear and 19x9.5 front.

My two choices are: 295/35 & 255/35 or

285/40 & 245(255?)/40

Give me your opinions and why!

Cheers!😬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am with Kyle buddy, why would you want to deviate from whats on there which is the std increase, anything more and it will be over tyred imho and not really offer any improvements, probably ill affects to ride and handling. Do you feel you are lacking traction etc?

I'd go for 255/35 and 285/35 with those rim widths. 245/35 with 275/35 would be okay if you are seriously lowered and going for a stanced look, if not they'll probably just look like you bought the wrong width tyres. I can't think of any reason why 40 profile would be a good choice for those wheels.

I'd go for 255/35 and 285/35 with those rim widths. 245/35 with 275/35 would be okay if you are seriously lowered and going for a stanced look, if not they'll probably just look like you bought the wrong width tyres. I can't think of any reason why 40 profile would be a good choice for those wheels.

The op is already running a 275 on a 11j, it was my old car and didnt think it was "stretched", it sat quite nicely, but it may be why he is asking. I bought the rim in a 11j so to get a little stretch, if a square profile is whats wanted i would just get a 10 or 10.5j rather than fit over sized tyres.

Those are my size choices because of a couple of things. I love the fat tyre look. The current 275's I feel are lacking in traction slightly. Im leaning more towards the 295/35 and the 255/35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

275 lacking in traction on a car with just 300bhp :lol:

Bear one thing in mind: More rubber means more unsprung weight, which will have certain effects on acceleration, braking and handling. Possibly not a huge issue if you're running massive wheels in the first place, mind.

275 lacking in traction on a car with just 300bhp :lol:

Bear one thing in mind: More rubber means more unsprung weight, which will have certain effects on acceleration, braking and handling. Possibly not a huge issue if you're running massive wheels in the first place, mind.

im sure i can loose traction with 275s :p

Although i will say bizz only runs 265 on his drift car with 500 bhp

Edited by StevoD

• 4 weeks later...

I think this was Blacky's car with 255/35 on 10" and 285/35 on 11" if that helps.

23023010150245192078064.jpg

Was Blacky's, now mine. Currently has 255/35/19 Fronts and 285/30/19 Rears. Already on the car when I bought it and I'll be looking for some new rubber soon. I will try to dig through his threads and find out some more info on what he ran with when he had it as he did quite a bit of research when sourcing the wheels I believe.

Dug through and found the following:

"front wheels are 19 x 10 et 20 255/35

rear wheels are 19 x 11 et 23 285/35

Falken 452"

Edited by Erni902