Question about a 2007 350z 0-60 time

Richesio

My 2004 350z was just written off, a taxi crashed into the back of it, arrggghhh!

Therefore, I'm now looking again and I just noticed a 2007 350z with the bhp listed as 296bhp, so I assume this is the 2005 onwards models which are often classed as 300bhp. My question is this... it says (on Autotrader) that the 0-60 is 5.5seconds, but that can't be right, can it?

Slightly related question, what are the 313bhp 0-60 times?

It's been a couple of years since I've studied all the different variations, so I'm a bit rusty with it all. Go easy on me.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Richesio

Hi mate. Good to hear your looking for another Z. I think the hr range is 313bhp 0-60 5.5 seconds. If you are looking around and want a lift or anything let me know. 07713 980519.

Thanks mate, it's much appreciated.

torque provides good 0-60 times not BHP

Interesting!

So how does the torque compare between the 276, 296 and 313 versions?

I always felt my 2004 was a bit sluggish when acceleration in first and second. Are the newer models better? If I get another, I'll get it remapped as I know that can help too.

Any advice is welcome, thanks.

Hi richesio. Can always go for a run in mine if you want to see how the 313 performs .. Its the only 350 ive driven and i personally dont think its sluggish at all. If anything id say its very rapid but then again most of the time im driving my vw van 😙

EVO have apparently officially tested the HR many moons ago at 5.5. However I'm gonna guess low fuel, dry as hell and one hell of a good start. In reality you'll get just under 6 from most of us on a decent day. You really need to get it spot on at the right time and the right place to get the 5.5 or even the 5.7 officially quoted for HR's. Rolling starts and in gear accelerations where its at. There will be things that can beat a Z off the line if you get a crap start, but do a rolling and the Z fairly shifts.

Also the Z's clutch isn't exactly brilliant for spirited take-offs and I'm guessing the heavier 276' ones are even worse to try it in

Edited by AMT