New car ordered....

gangzoom

But doesn't arrive till Feb 2017 :(

£ dropping like a rock against the $ has 'forced' my hand in ordering the Leaf replacement early.

So everything been ok, this will be replacing the Leaf in Feb 2017....It's going to be a long long wait :).

27258942763_01efd580bd_c.jpg

• Like 4

^^I haven't actually seen a face lifted Model S in the flesh!! But I've been told that it looks really good in the metal, and with/without the plate looks better than the pre-face lift car.

It will look identical to this one, minus the black wheels

FullSizeRender_zpsgizpfijr.jpg

Edited by gangzoom

I actually think it needs a front plate, front end looks like its missing something in the middle with that big flat piece of plastic!

Yes true, maybe a new front bumper with a nice big grille in the middle ;)

@gangzoom - I see you didn't go for the Autopilot...

Having the car change lanes on a motorway without your hands on the wheel not to your taste ha ha

Yeah not bothered about autopilot, but would like the hardware, pre-crash avoidance, and lane departure warning etc all comes standard with the hardware, and if I really really wanted auto-pilot later I can activate it later by paying Tesla. Also have the option to 'add on' another 15kWh of battery range at a later date.

Was tempted by a used 24 months old pre-face lift P85+ but it's not any cheaper than a new 60D, and the only real advantage is 0-60 time (4.2 seconds versus 5.2 seconds), but the new car will be better built, AWD, with longer battery warranty and autopilot hardware. Cannnot wait....Might even bring the delivery date forwards if I get really impatient, the Leaf can always be parked up in the garage. :).

Edited by gangzoom