Is this a good deal?

wedmonds

Gentelmen,

Hope this is ok to place here but wanted your thoughts on a car I am looking at :

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/ca ... 4302316434

Good or bad deal on the face of it?

Any observations or anything i should ask or beaware of ?

Thanks all

The most obvious bit that is wrong and that Lomoto should've picked up on is that it is not the 313hp car or MY07, it's the 'revised' 300hp MY06 version :)

oh, one other thing wrong - it's a kuro :lol::surrender:

The most obvious bit that is wrong and that Lomoto should've picked up on is that it is not the 313hp car or MY07, it's the 'revised' 300hp MY06 version :)

Why should it be an 07 car the advert say's it was registered in 06! :headhurt: unless it's a car capable of going back in time :lol:

As has been said looks good except it is not a 313 - easy to spot 313 due to the bonnet not having the lines on it - it's got a hump instead now (plus a 313 is gonna be more like 25k+) and my 07 (313) says it's Ebisu Black.

Good point. Seems this is a MY06 so the paint shouldn't be Kuro, it should be Ebisu. Probably just a crap ad from someone who knows no better but be on your guard. :)

I popped along to see this today and was impressed with it.

I thought it was cheap also but they are happy for anyone to come and look over the car including AA or RAC. They appear genuine enough to me and nice chaps.

I took it for a test drive and car felt fine to me but I have not driven many Z so I would not really know if there was something fundementally wrong.

There was a light on the dash while driving to do with traction control (one with skid marks image on dash) and I pressed the button while driving to turn it on but nothing happend. Will it allow you to change this while driving? It turned of while we were at a stand still but I was wondering I this needs checking out further?

Also, he only had one key which is fairly common i know but how much would I get charged for changing the locks/key? (thinking for peace of mind really)

Thanks guys.... you never know I may become a regular if I purchase :)

As has been said looks good except it is not a 313 - easy to spot 313 due to the bonnet not having the lines on it - it's got a hump instead now (plus a 313 is gonna be more like 25k+) and my 07 (313) says it's Ebisu Black.

Good point. Seems this is a MY06 so the paint shouldn't be Kuro, it should be Ebisu. Probably just a crap ad from someone who knows no better but be on your guard. :)

Agree a crap ad from someone who knows no better, if you look on their website they are advertising a 54 plate zed with "peach" leather :lol:

Why should it be an 07 car the advert say's it was registered in 06! :headhurt: unless it's a car capable of going back in time :lol:

Thats what im saying - it's not an MY07 car as it has not got the bonnet bulge even though it states it's a 313 hp car - cant be ar*ed to explain further - read what KS2000 wrote further down!

Thats what im saying - it's not an MY07 car as it has not got the bonnet bulge even though it states it's a 313 hp car - cant be ar*ed to explain further - read what KS2000 wrote further down!

well I know it cant be a 313 hp car as it is an 06, just a dealer reading from a later spec sheet.. But the advert doesnt mention 07 at all :wacko: you brought that up :thumbs:

Nissan said they could supply another key for about £90 or £120 all sorted and tied in with the car.

Any ideas about the Traction Control, does it allow you to turn it of while driving normally? or is there a problem?

When the light is on intermittently its operating (ie you would slipping if its didn't) or if its on constantly its because its been disabled by pressing the button. In normal driving with TC on the light should be off should be off.

Thanks for coming back.

While i was driving the car the light was on constantly. I remember the dealer pressing the button before we setup as he was showing me the locaiton of all the buttons etc.

Whilst driving i pressed the button as I thought it should not be on but it did not go off. Should it have?

Also, i questioned the add saying that it was a 313bhp and asked if it said it on the paper work. I received this reply:

"We can confirm that the car is 313BHP, all the Gt packs come with that BHP"

Is he wrong?

Thanks for coming back.

While i was driving the car the light was on constantly. I remember the dealer pressing the button before we setup as he was showing me the locaiton of all the buttons etc.

Whilst driving i pressed the button as I thought it should not be on but it did not go off. Should it have?

Also, i questioned the add saying that it was a 313bhp and asked if it said it on the paper work. I received this reply:

"We can confirm that the car is 313BHP, all the Gt packs come with that BHP"

Is he wrong?

He's very wrong abut the BHP. Only MY07 cars from this spring on got that power (GT or not) and they can be easily spotted as they have the power bulge on the bonnet.

The light should go out if you press the button to re-engage the TCS but it may need to be held for a second or two.

Cool.

Thanks Digsy....

Next question....

Is there any members in the South East that know their cars and would be prepared to come and take a look over the car for me?

I am happy to make the final decision so you wont get me coming back saying "you said this and you said that".

I really just want a second opinion. At the moment I was planning to arrange the AA to check it over. Body work etc looks fine.

Cool.

Thanks Digsy....

Next question....

Is there any members in the South East that know their cars and would be prepared to come and take a look over the car for me?

I am happy to make the final decision so you wont get me coming back saying "you said this and you said that".

I really just want a second opinion. At the moment I was planning to arrange the AA to check it over. Body work etc looks fine.

Can't help you there - I'm in sunny Merseyside! Good luck with it. :)

Dealers really are muppets sometimes.

When I went to buy my 07 last year (my second attempt no less as the first attempt with the same dealer failed as didn't call me with a price) the dealer repeatedly told me there was a type R. No amount of arguing would shut him up. He said there were two specs available. Normal and type R. The R being better. How? Because it is.

For the record, but not in the slightest bit relevant to this thread, here in Ireland there is only one spec which is equivalent to the GT. (Try explaining that one to the other Irish Z owners who been frequently other sites.)