Car Storage Long Term

Mudman

Hi All

Time has come to move overseas for a few years as a few of you that know me was on the cards although slightly behind schedule.

Any recommendations on where to store a much loved JDM Fairlady ?

Ideally around South Wales/Thames Valley/ East Anglia mainly as have family that can take it out for a spin every now and then and thinking warehouse type rather than shipping container.

Could be up to 2 years as don't want to sell the zed and would prefer to store until I decide what I am doing long term as may end up in that part of the world permanently.

Cheers

Rob

Edited by Mudman

Do NOT use a shipping container, the humidity causes rust massively quickly. Big yellow self storage do garages I believe, locked compound around them, security, dry and safe. No idea of the cost, but if you're overseas, the security of the car is a must. When friends etc take the car out you just let them know the combination to open the door.

• Like 2

Currently have a quote for a warehouse type building thats dehumidified and no windows for about £70 a month inclusive of battery checks and a run out (insured) once a month - that seems pretty good

• Like 1

East Anglia. put it in auto store (cambridge) they have lots of exotica stored and a few classic race cars . Their Garage team (Simon and Stewart) have looked after a few of the Team Tarmac cars

http://www.autostore.co.uk/

Its £90 a month which Standard Dry Storage is in purpose built industrial quality units on concrete flooring. Even if Dynamic Storage options are not specified by the owner, all cars are inspected weekly for tyre deflation or fluid leakage, which will be rectified immediately and the owner notified with our request for further instructions and to take corrective action. Tyre pressures are checked/adjusted to 50% over pressure bi-monthly, as is the battery charge condition, which will be boosted if necessary, at no extra cost.

6592677_orig.jpg3540822_orig.jpg3953654_orig.jpg

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

Not about the money really - well not at this stage, in a years time may feel differently but for now not entertaining as an option. The cars had the red leather retrim not to everyone's taste and I knew that when I did it but for now the cars a keeper. I may let Son of Mudman drive it about a bit at some stage.

• Like 1