Trying to create a charity auction (Uprev/Ecutek!)... ideas?

HaydnH

Hi Guys,

I'M NOT SELLING ANYTHING YET! DO NOT DONATE EXPECTING A PRIZE OR ASK ME FOR A PRICE... OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT.

Firstly I've cleared the resale of the voucher with Mark@Abbey, Graham on behalf of the admins is happy for me to resell for charity and, considering she arranged the raffle, MrsNiki has approved as well.

For the first time in the 6 years I've been a member on here I've actually won something useful in one of the many raffles I've participated in! I've won an 350Z Uprev or 370Z ECUTek voucher from Abbey Motorsport!!!

http://www.350z-uk.c...20#entry1631355

Unfortunately for me, I've pretty much done everything I want to do to my 350Z so this amazing prize is wasted on me, however I do wish it was beneficial to Uprev twice as it's one of the best mods I've done.

As some of you may have seen I shall be getting married in July and my Fiancee and I shall be using the opportunity to raise money for a local charity we support:

http://www.350z-uk.c...harity-wedding/

So, I thought I'd raffle off the prize for a good cause... but I'm not sure the best way to do it:

1) I want the money to be paid to the justgiving page for the charity as my company will be doubling any money donated to it up to £2000, so if the uprev sells for £250 then the charity will receive £500!

2) If I stick the item on ebay as a charity auction, there will be no ebay fee but it won't hit the just giving page so no doubling.

3) If I stick it on Ebay as non charity, then 10% of the money will go to them as a fee and that 10% won't be doubled, so 20%. Not to mention paypal charges.

4) I was thinking of asking the admins if I could auction on the forum, I know it's against the rules and I understand the reasons. I could ignore edited posts/bids to make sure nobody changes to a winning bid after close... but that would leave me with the possibility of people deleting posts to remove bids after the close. Unless it's possible to disallow editing/deleting posts from a single thread?

5) Do it via PMs to me?

6) AGAIN DON'T DO THIS YET AS IT MAY NOT HAPPEN!! Instead of the usual winner pays and takes the prize style auction, I could do a cumulative donation auction. i.e: you can donate to the above just giving page as many times as you like. I'll keep a running total of each persons donations and the person who donated the most gets the Uprev/Ecutek without paying any more... but everyone's donations are still paid. e.g:

1) Bob makes a donations of £5

2) John a donation of £10

3) Chris makes a donation of £20

4) John makes a 2nd donation of £15

a) so John would win with a total bid of £25 and the charity would get £50 in all.

Unless you have any other ideas?? I was going to kick it off today but it might have to wait until Monday now.

Edited by HaydnH

We did have a Friday raffle years ago which was always good fun. So theoretically you sell tickets for an uprev (worth what is it 400 quid?) for 20 quid a chuck.

Only problem is its going to need a minimum of 20 folks to be interested (not really a lot of an ask on here though).

They pay you. You pay just giving. 800 smackaroos

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Doing a raffle is a good idea, either a fixed number of tickets at X price or a minimum at the amount to raise divided by the number of entrants. Now I'm thinking of how to do a fair raffle when nobody from the forum will be there, if we can raise enough I'll put the names in a hat and get the draw recorded at the wedding and post the video as proof... that's gotta be worth some cash on top for charity right??

Another way of doing it (if you can garner enough interest) is do it as a bonus ball raffle. Pick a Saturday draw, sell 59 tickets beforehand for say £5 each, bonus ball is drawn and that number gets the prize and you get £295 for charity.... We do that in my workplace a lot with raffle prizes etc and it seems to work well...

Good luck however you do I though :thumbs: Great charity and fab prize for somebody!

:D

Doing a raffle is a good idea, either a fixed number of tickets at X price or a minimum at the amount to raise divided by the number of entrants. Now I'm thinking of how to do a fair raffle when nobody from the forum will be there, if we can raise enough I'll put the names in a hat and get the draw recorded at the wedding and post the video as proof... that's gotta be worth some cash on top for charity right??

Last time we got an uninvolved mod to use a random number generator from tinterwebs.

Last time we got an uninvolved mod to use a random number generator from tinterwebs.

Do they have to wear a bikini? I really don't want to see that...