New Clutch Advise

AshbyJoe

Hi,

I've noticed this morning my clutch is beginning to slip so I'm eager to replace, but I want something a bit sturdier than the stock clutch.

I noticed this kit on EBay that looks good, I'm trying to get a bargain to keep costs down. Can anyone advise me if this looks okay?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112015699443

Thanks,

Joe

No idea about the brand but it's a big jump to a paddle clutch. Unless you are track racing you may want to have a think about that!

You say you want something sturdier but what do you mean by that? Do you mean taught and reliable (better feel), able to take much more power (uprated)?

Any new clutch will feel better than your old one and replacing the dual-mass flywheel with a solid one is a nice mod, but you pay your money and take your choice - and risk. In other word, buy cheap and take a risk it's pants quality.

If you want to stay cheap, get a known kit from a known pattern parts manufacturer. If you want better then call any of the parts suppliers who advertise here who will know immediately what to recommend. That probably won't be as cheap as an ebay brand but you will get parts that have quality and reliability and benefit from their expertise on what really works on the car.

Edited by Toon Chris

Sorry my explanation was rather vague and my knowledge on transmission is non existent! Lol.

I'm looking for something for road use which can handle some extra power as I'm looking to modify the car more and more.

I'm seeking something that offers good quality at the best possible price as I'm sure for most people a clutch replacement isn't something you have money set aside for :/

Unless your going forced induction a std clutch will easily handle anything you can reallistically tune a normally aspirated car to. Extreme clutch is a very good one though if your thinking big mods in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just put an Xtreme Clutch - Clutch Kit- Single Plate Organic from CMS and would highly recommend it.

It makes a little noise at times with the single fly wheel but must say it aint as noisy as the OEM one that came out of it!

Changed the slave cylinder and brake line at the same time, only issue was bleeding the line to get it right, the clutch install was straight forward.

No more slipping clutch and the car feels so much nicer to drive.