Do early 370's have oil burning issues

pistonbroke

I'm sorry if this is one of those common questions, but have searched this forum and can't find anything. But a Google search throws up loads from the US suffering issues.

I'm about to take the plunge into 370 ownership, and having previously owned the gt4 edition 350z with the revup engine,I want to avoid 1tr top up every 700 miles if possible.

Cheers rich. Having read your post I've been digging for info into the oil gallery thing. It all appears to be the late 350hr engine from what I can see (though I have seen the pinned thread in general chat that is apparently a 370z.) should I let this put me off an early 370? Are the concerns really genuine and wide spread across the cars concerned, or is it just a very small failure rate?

Yeah but to be honest, do most people say if they are burning oil for fear of putting off prospective new owners down the line?

People on here aren't that clever ;)

I would hope most people are honest. When I sold my DE I told the buyer it used 250ml per 1k as I would rather they knew and kept an eye on it, than see an engine rebuild thread 6 months down the line.

Edited by 370Ad

Cheers rich. Having read your post I've been digging for info into the oil gallery thing. It all appears to be the late 350hr engine from what I can see (though I have seen the pinned thread in general chat that is apparently a 370z.) should I let this put me off an early 370? Are the concerns really genuine and wide spread across the cars concerned, or is it just a very small failure rate?

Well its easy for me to say as I've only owned post 2012 ones but i was caught by the issue with my 350 HR , ended up taking a big hit when I sold it as I was honest about it but I had been quoted £2k to replace them !

As its now around £800 all in (and you can combine it with a p1 service) its cheaper than a clutch replacement, it will most likely effect all the pre 2012 cars at some point. Its just poor quality gaskets

So it wouldnt put me off no , but I would pay accordingly and I would budget to get it done for piece of mind

Interesting point about owners covering up oil use , could be true of course but the HR 350's dont have an appetite for oil either nor do GTR's and both are similar engines

Edited by Richf@H-Dev

Yeah but to be honest, do most people say if they are burning oil for fear of putting off prospective new owners down the line?

I would hope most people are honest.

Never lose hope :lol: