Is this a Scam ?

ATTAK Z

Sad part about it is that I lived and worked in Nigeria for 4 years and I still have money there that I can't legitimately get out

They didn't train you too well then on how to extract money while you were there :stir:

Oh don't worry Colin, I did my fair share of rape and pillage whilst I was there

Hi just of interest why cant you get your money out?

Well the wifey earn't a lot of money typing exam papers for the local university. They didn't trust local typists/printers to do the job because they would have sold them to the students. Also I earn't a lot of money part time doing setting out for construction projects. My main job was Resident Engineer on projects to rebuild Nigerian airports for which I was paid offshore. Everything was provided (house,cars, food etc.) by the company and I also had a fair amount for living expenses which was paid in local currency. All in all I managed to save money which I then exchanged for US dollars which is illegal. It's also illegal to take out of the country more foreign currency than you take in.

So

I took a chance with £20,000 dollars (quite a lot of money in 1980) by concealing it in various places when I travelled home one time. Unfortunately airport security found $1000 in my briefcase which I hadn't hidden very well on purpose, and the lady kindly accepted my offer of 500 of said dollars to stop the search for anything else I might be trying to smuggle out of the country.

The next time I went home (final repatriation) I didn't want to take any chances so I converted the remainng dollars back into Naira and put it in Barclays bank ... I've been trying to get it out of the country ever since and now it's worthless anyway so I've written it off ... My contribution to developing countries :)

Edited by ATTAK Z

Irugbue Syvanus! Is this Nigerian for "I'll pull your pants down and ........."?😄besides that, it's all grammatically correct as far as I can see. Should be fine👍

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear