Limp mode!

Loggy747

Hi guys,

After I got my zed at the beginning of March, the car was going fine, but it randomly went into limp mode after I pulled into a service station after a long drive. I didn't know it was limp mode at the time (until I done some research after), but after stopping and starting the car for a while it seemed to cure itself and I drove home with a sweaty forehead!

Anyway, it was all going fine until I fitted a plenum spacer and some new plugs about a month later and the car went back into limp mode again. I had read that the ECU may try and adjust so it didn't bother me too much, but it's happened a few times since, but it always goes away after a few restarts. This is usually every Friday when I get home, so the car sits in a garage during the week.

Other mods include an Ark grip system and Takeda intake. Could it be that the car is running too lean? It has just passed the MOT so I'm going to put some kinetix test pipes on and get it sent down to TDP for an uprev in the next few weeks so should I just take it easy until then? Any other opinions on what's going on?

Cheers,

Orran

A similar thing has happened to me four times in total. Twice when accelerating out of a roundabout and twice when pulling out of junctions. Went into limp mode and then when I turned the ignition off and on again it was fine. I haven't investigated it yet because it's a 'fair weather' car and does hardly any miles. I'm guessing if I actually drove it regularly it would have happened more often but I've only drive it half a dozen times this year. I'm planning on getting it looked at during its next service. However when I was looking into it I found this info which may help

http://www.aftermarketonline.net/Technical/2013/29443-/Nissan-350Z-Intermittent-Fault

I stuck the diagnostic tool into it after it happened the second time and I think it came up throttle position or something along them lines, but I didn't think anything more of it when it cleared itself. Again I was just thinking that maybe it was because of the plenum spacer as it happened on first start up after fitting. If it happens again I'll put in the reader again but I'll see when I get home on Friday.

Nixy I'm the same, I only drive it at the weekend, but it has never happened while driving, only when starting the car up.

Just going to take it easy until I get the uprev just incase! Cheers for the replies lads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Loggy747

Ah, mine's never done it while starting up just when accelerating from very slow or standstill. All the dash lights come on as well including the traction control/slip light. It's quite unnerving! Let me know how you get on.

My 03 import was doing the exact same thing a while ago after a few mods, including spacer! Got some advice about it being the mods and might just need the uprev as at the time it hadnt been done and I still had the limiter on.

Since having this done the cars been gleaming!

I didn't have the right reader but like everyone else has said find out what's wrong that way but yes it could just need the uprev!