Burnouts

Juggalo

So my son has bought an early 350Z after being impressed with mine. However, he intends to strip, lightly mod and track it.

We drove down to his storage yard, and he tried to do a burnout, but couldn't. The power just drops, and a smell of clutch even with the TC off. I had a go in it and the clutch is very good. Bites where it should, etc.

Any idea what could be the cause?

I won't even think of doing it in mine, so I can't even suggest if this is an issue with his particular car or if it's a safety feature.

If you can smell clutch then the clutch is slipping, there's your answer to where the power is going :shrug:

I had 305 wide tyres, combined with grippy tarmac it meant zero wheel spin no matter what I did, it still wouldn't slip the stock clutch. I guess it would it you revved the absolute tits out of it and dumped with no where else for the power to go... But why would you do that.

The 370z shuts the throttles if you try and do a burnout when holding the brake pedal its a function of the abs , if you pull the abs fuse it will do one just fine , dunno if the 350 is the same

Cheers guys

The 370z shuts the throttles if you try and do a burnout when holding the brake pedal its a function of the abs , if you pull the abs fuse it will do one just fine , dunno if the 350 is the same

I've passed it along, He's going to look into that. That sounds similar to what's happening to his Zed.

Disabling the ABS doesn't sound to clever to me in these things though :wacko: